This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
Holi Recipes Roundup
Holi the Festival of Colours is a much-awaited festival for the young and the old.
The advent of spring, the victory of good over evil, light over darkness. Wishing you all a very Happy and Safe Holi with organic colours!
- Thirst Quenchers
- Meal Items
- Something Different
How do you celebrate Holi?
Celebrate Holi with family and friends here are a few recipes that you can make for your Dhulivandan celebrations.
With good food of course, here are some of our favourites for the Holi Festival they include snacks, drinks, meal items and desserts.
The snack I will like after playing with colours is something I can pick up with a spoon or a fork.
- These cucumber roll-ups are our favourite! They are easy to make and the chilled cucumber rolls look so pretty!
- For a healthy snack how about some Gorgun Nuts?
- Some nuts? Honey Chilli Nuts?
- How about some Cheesy Semolina Pops? These are air-fried but you can deep-fry them too.
- Bake the crispest, easiest and healthiest Onions Rings without all-purpose flour or Maida!
Now our friend will go for "Hurrak" as their drink for Holi. But what about the kids? Teens? or those who do not drink? Here is my selection choose any of them and you will enjoy them.
- Also called Sardai this chilled glass of milk uses nuts and tastes delicious. Perfect for the heat. Yes, you can spike it with alcohol!
- If you want to serve Nimbu Pani but give it a healthier twist try making Barley water flavoured with lemon! A few oranges and apples in the water will taste awesome. And like my friends will ask you can of course spike this drink with alcohol.
- Now, Kanji is a new drink to us! Since we cannot get black carrots I have used beets and regular carrots to make this drink! It is a fermented drink but not alcoholic. Cools you down and tastes good. Perfect for toddlers too!
- One drink with which you never go wrong is buttermilk! We are not great fans of lassi but Chaasis something we love. Try it!
- This popular beverage translates to cumin water. But it is lemonade made more delicious and essential in the sweltering Indian summer.
Traditional recipes are Ghujiya and Puran Poli I love them but end up making these...
- Rava Kesari or Shira is again quick, easy and something you can whip up in a jiffy.
- Whole Wheat Flour Halva is an easy sweet pudding.
- Besan Ladoo is a classic, traditional Indian sweet! Make ahead and things will be a lot easy.
- A bowl of soft eggless custard vanilla ice cream is homemade.
- Sakhar Bhat is simple and quick to make also called Meethe Chawal it is Indian Sweet Rice Pulao Recipe.
- Mooga Kann, Mooga Conn or Kann is a vegan dessert that tastes great chilled and warm too.
- Kanga che Kheer is a yummy vegan pudding with Sweet Potato and coconut milk and is totally Vegan.
- Qubani ka Meetha is a delicious and popular dessert, a compote made from apricots.
We prefer pao or bread with our meal for a party so I am including only vegetables, stews and rice items.
- Rawalpindi Chole or Pindi Cholay is a flavourful recipe using garbanzo beans.
- Almi and Batat che Ambat are spicy and tangy mushrooms and Potato vegetable. Try it!
- Batata Sukhi Bhaji is perfect for breakfast, snacks or a full vegetarian meal.
- Vegan Okra Stir-fry is a simple yet delicious one that all love.
- Make this Chinese Yu Xiang Eggplant Recipe Using your pantry ingredients to dish out a simple vegan stir-fry.
- Sukto, a complex mixed vegetable stew is a blend of many different tastes and textures.
- Sindhi Sai bhaji is also known as Sindhi Sai Bhaji vegetarian curry or stew that uses mainly dal (lentils), palak (spinach) and other vegetables.
- One stew is vegan one is vegetable-based tastes out of this world.
- Ghugni is a delicious curry you can serve as a side or as a snack too.
- Cauliflower gravy you can indulge in tastes like it is made in a restaurant only it is healthier.
- Mulayachi Amti is a dal curry made with radishes and lentils that taste good with steamed rice, papad and pickle.
- Tomato saar is a tangy curry made using tomatoes right with plain steamed rice or jeera rice.
- Need a vegetarian alternative to Hyderabadi Mutton Dalcha?
Rice/ Pulao Recipes
- Quick, delicious and simple fluffy cumin seed-flavoured rice every time.
- An easy and delicious South Indian Bhat using a homemade spice blend and a medley of veggies.
- One-pot lemon-flavoured mushroom pulao recipe I make without oil tastes amazing.
- Unripe Jackfruit Biriyani is the tastiest, easiest and most filling meal that is a vegetarian delight.
- The Hyderabadi Bagara Khana recipe is a simple one-pot pulao with mint, coriander leaves, vegetables or biryani masala.
If your kids are like mine this is the section you will try out first.
- Quinoa Matar Pulao is a protein-rich alternative to making rice-based peas pulao.
- Vegetarian Bread Lasagna is a delicious and easy complete meal in a baking dish, make some ahead.
- Quesadillas are crisp stuffed juicy and delicious tortillas!
- Bao buns a steamed bun fluffy and soft fill it up with fillings of your choice!
- Vegan Chilli takes care of the variety and the dietary needs of a vegetarian family.
So these are my suggestions do try them all! Let me know which ones you try this year!
Here pin this image as a reminder!
This is such a handy collection of Holi recipes. I shall bookmark this post for future reference. Nice informative post on festive recipes.
Priya Vj says
Exhaustive collection of Holi recipes. These recipes double up as summer special too. Loved the refreshing lemon barley cooler . 😎
😀 I had not thought of it as Summer collection but yes it works especially for our summers.
Jayashree T.Rao says
Loved your collection of Holi recipes Archana. It is so handy to use anytime when we have a get-together. I am tempted to make quesadilla soon.
😀 I know quesadilla means using any sabzi I have and cheese many times. All enjoy.
Seema Sriram says
I have to save this Holi round-up of recipes for the upcoming years. These recipes are fantastic crowd-pleasers and I am sure my family and friends will love them.
Spice Zone (Sarika) says
You have got quite a collection of Holi recipes. I will be referring back again n again. I have been thinking of making bao Buns for a while. Will be trying it soon..
lovely round up , Archana. Holi or Diwali some of these recipes are so handy and party / kid friendly too- my eyes although keep going back to those cute cucumber roll ups!
The cucumber roll-ups are the best. Kids cam make them too. Even now my kiddo asks for them.
Preethi Prasad says
Love this amazing collection of Holi recipes. Each recipe is so tempting . The drinks are Perfect for summer too.
😀 thanks, Preethi.