How about some delicious Homemade Iced Teas in different flavours! Lemon and Mint, Lemongrass, Mango and Watermelon! Try them all!
We love chocolates and one of them is Ferrero Rocher.
I always stop myself from buying a box of Ferrero Rocher because it is expensive and frankly one or two Ferrero Rocher does not stop me from reaching out for more.
So does the rest of the family. Not used to the denial the best thing is to look out for the recipe of Ferrero Rocher. I think I almost hit the nail here.
A little about these beauties, Ferrero Rocher was introduced in 1982 and is a spherical chocolate. Ferrero Rocher is produced by the Italian chocolatier Ferrero SpA.
The whole recipe is a secret and is mechanised. The chocolate consists of a whole roasted hazelnut encased in a thin wafer shell filled with hazelnut chocolate and covered in milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate
- 60 grams Vanilla wafers approximately
- 60 grams Walnuts
- 1/3 cups Nutella about 2 heaped scoops
- 50 grams Chocolate to coat
For the Chocolate:
- Heat the walnuts a bit to get rid of any moisture. Also, you need to blitz it in the mixer so cool it a bit. This step is especially important in the humid climate that I live in.
- Next in the chutney pot grind the walnut in short burst. Stir continuously and see that the walnuts do not become sticky. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the nutella and crushed wafers to the bowl. You should be able to make balls out of the mixture. So adjust the wafers accordingly. (I know I added the nutella and then thought of it).
- Make balls and put the chocolate balls in the fridge for at least ½ an hour.
- Meanwhile chop and melt the chocolate in the microwave in short burst of 30 seconds. Stir and return to the MW to melt fully. ( use chocolate chips saves the chopping part).
- Once the chocolate is melted fully stir well. Dip the chocolate balls in the melted chocolate and transfer to a butter paper lined tray.
- Cool in the fridge.
- Coat again till all the sides are coated. Serve. (If they have not escaped the waiting maw of your kids and yourself take pictures).
- Next time I will save some of the walnut and wafer mixtures for rolling the chocolate dipped balls.
I think the next time I will definitely leave out some of the of walnuts and wafers mixture to roll my Ferrero Rocher in.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!