This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate
We love chocolates and one of them is Ferrero Rocher.
I always stop myself from buying a box of Ferrero Rocher because it is expensive and frankly one or two Ferrero Rocher does not stop me from reaching out for more.
So does the rest of the family. Not used to the denial the best thing is to look out for the recipe of Ferrero Rocher. I think I almost hit the nail here.
A little about these beauties, Ferrero Rocher was introduced in 1982 and is a spherical chocolate. Ferrero Rocher is produced by the Italian chocolatier Ferrero SpA.
The whole recipe is a secret and is mechanised. The chocolate consists of a whole roasted hazelnut encased in a thin wafer shell filled with hazelnut chocolate and covered in milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate
- 60 grams Vanilla wafers approximately
- 60 grams Walnuts
- ⅓ cups Nutella about 2 heaped scoops
- 50 grams Chocolate to coat
For the Chocolate:
- Heat the walnuts a bit to get rid of any moisture. Also, you need to blitz it in the mixer so cool it a bit. This step is especially important in the humid climate that I live in.
- Next in the chutney pot grind the walnut in short burst. Stir continuously and see that the walnuts do not become sticky. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the nutella and crushed wafers to the bowl. You should be able to make balls out of the mixture. So adjust the wafers accordingly. (I know I added the nutella and then thought of it).
- Make balls and put the chocolate balls in the fridge for at least ½ an hour.
- Meanwhile chop and melt the chocolate in the microwave in short burst of 30 seconds. Stir and return to the MW to melt fully. ( use chocolate chips saves the chopping part).
- Once the chocolate is melted fully stir well. Dip the chocolate balls in the melted chocolate and transfer to a butter paper lined tray.
- Cool in the fridge.
- Coat again till all the sides are coated. Serve. (If they have not escaped the waiting maw of your kids and yourself take pictures).
- Next time I will save some of the walnut and wafer mixtures for rolling the chocolate dipped balls.
I think the next time I will definitely leave out some of the of walnuts and wafers mixture to roll my Ferrero Rocher in.
Do try this third and final chocolate in this edition of Kids Delight -Chocolates. The also ran in this series were Digestive Biscuit Chocolate Ladoos and Brazilian Chocolate Brigadeiros.
This is for Srivalli's Kid's Delight event, guest hosted by Kalyani, themed on Chocolates.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#73
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!
Priya Suresh says
Really cant stop myself drooling here, ultimate chocolate Archana.
Nayna Kanabar says
Ferrero Rocher is my all time favorite chocolate, the fact that you have made it at home is very creative. I love how easily you have made it and the results are outstanding. I am seriously drooling at the photo and desperately need to reach out and pop one in my mouth.
Wow Archana, homemade ferrero rocher -- they look great. Perfect edible gift during holidays.
Homemade ferrero rocher,wow , it looks super delicious and love to have some.
Thanks, Sandhiya. Let me know if you try it.
Gayathri Kumar says
This sounds so yum. Love that almost ferrero rocher choclate..
They look so like the real ones.
a family fav!! we too cant stop at just one .... making these at home is such a treat 🙂 thanks for linking Arch
They look perfect and even I can stop with one or two.. 🙂
Very nice.. Love this yummy treat
Srivalli Jetti says
Wow Arch, now thats one sinful snack to feast on..looks so good ..
Chef Mireille says
looks heavenly and oh so rich - I dont usually have these chocolates due to my nut allergies but I am sure others would love to indulge in these!
Mina Joshi says
Oh wow, you managed to make Ferrero Rocher chocolate which is everyone's favourite -. These look perfect and I am so tempted to make some now.
remove the "almost" from the title :p... my kids will go gaga over this chocolatey deliciousness, for sure !
😀 thanks, Kalyani.