Easy, creamy Eggless Custard Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe that is made in the freezer. You can also customise it too for your favourite flavours! Try it!
Mulayachi Amti or Radish with Dal Recipe is a delicious dal that I have eaten on to coming to Goa!
I find it easy to feed my kids the much hated but healthy radish, Perfect for Protein Rich Diet!
The only way my kids eat radish is Mooli ka paratha. Okay, I have hoodwinked them into eating pulao they did not know it was made from radish leaves. But generally, they do not enjoy the vegetable or even the salad that is just raita.
Even in the dal, I mash some of the boiled radishes with the immersion mixer. This dal is very flavorful and tastes best with rice.
To make this dal I have used Toor dal. I realise that I generally prefer toor dal to any other dal maybe because I grew up with this dal. The only other dal Amma used was chilke wali moong dal for khicidi or yellow moong dal for Moong dal payasa. It is only now that I have consciously started using other dals.
Anyway, let us get down to making Mulaychi Amti with the delicious Mulo that is grown in the Goan fields. The Goans make yummy vegetable too with the tender roots and leaves. But that I will write about some other time.
To make Mulyachi Amti your main ingredients are toor dal and radish.
The other food that I have tried in the past with radish are Radish Leaves Pulao BM #13, Day 2, Mulangi Chutney or Radish Chutney, Mooli ke Parathe/ Radish Paratha Indian Flat Bread. Hmm, Mulya chi bhaji, pachdi, radish kosambri are missing. Why is it that everyday food gets neglected? Will post asap.
These pictures I have taken in a hurry one in the kitchen as my dal boiled the other in the office will replace them.
Mulayachi Amti| Radish with Dal Recipe
- 1 cup toor dal
- 1 in radish cut circles or long pieces
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Rai/mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing/Asafoetida optional
- 1/4 tsp haldi/turmeric
- 1 in red chill broken pieces
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp sambhar or rasam masala
- a small piece of jaggery
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- Salt to Taste
- Wash and rinse the dal.
- Scrape the radish and wash it. Cut it in the desired shape and add to the dal.
- Add sufficient water and cook the dal in the cooker for 3 whistles.
- Let the pressure come down naturally.
- Remove from the cooker and mash the dal. Use the immersion mixer if you need.
- In a small copper-bottomed pan, heat the oil.
- Splutter the rai/mustard seeds; add the hing/asafoetida and the red chilli pieces.
- Add the haldi/turmeric, red chilli powder and the dal.
- Add water, rasam powder or sambhar powder, salt, jaggery and tamarind paste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Serve with hot steaming rice.
[inlinkz_linkup id=725588 mode=1]