A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
|Lemony Mushroom Pulao|
Have hungry hordes to feed? Need to cook something fast?
Then try this delicious rice that can be made in flat 40 minutes, if you have the ingredients at home.
Lemony Mushroom Pulao
- 150 ml or ¾ cup Vegetable stock + 25ml or 1 tblspn if required
- ½ Onion, sliced
- 75 g or a little over ¼ cup Button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ Garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 grams or ¼ cup Basmati
- ½ Lemon zested and juice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper a pinch
- Spring onion greens, chopped
- Light soft cheese with garlic (I forgot I had made ricotta specifically for this recipe)
- 1 ½ tbsp herbs
- Put 1 tbsp of the stock in a non stick pan add and cook the onions for 5 minutes until soft. You may need to add a splash more stock if it begins to dry out but the secret is to cook under a lid.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the rice, lemon zest to the pan, mixing well. (The original recipe said to add the lemon juice here you can add too but since boiling kills the Vit. C I prefer to add it in the end.)
- Pour in the remaining stock, season and then bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Stir through half of the spring onion greens, lemon juice and soft cheese.
- Then serve topped with the remaining spring onion greens and soft cheese.
fat 4g, sat fat 2g, fibre 2g, salt 0.62g
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!