Bake this easy Eggless Pumpkin Bread this fall with homemade pumpkin puree.
Kanga che Kheer is a yummy pudding from Goa. Needless to say that it was enjoyed to the last drop.
This Kheer with Sweet Potato is made with coconut milk and is totally Vegan. Since this root vegetable is sweet the amount of sweetener you need to add is minimal.
Sweet potato has a soft, creamy texture. Sweet potato is a nutritious alternative to potato in sweet and savoury dishes.
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, B5, B6, and riboflavin. Sweet potatoes also contain very little fat and markedly lower calorie content than potatoes. However, they do contain more sugar. It is also an antioxidant and is thus highly recommended for anti-ageing. It has also shown cancer-prevention benefits.
They are ideal for a Diabetic Diet and make an ideal addition to the Simple and Healthy Vegetarian Diet. It is also a delicious addition to a fasting food so it’s used for Vraat ka Khana. How about some Goan Usali Recipe also to the menu?
Goan Kanga che Kheer|Sweet Potato Pudding
- 1 Tablespoon Rice
- ½ Cup Water
- 3 Sweet Potato peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 Cup Coconut milk thin
- 2 Cups Coconut milk thick
- ½ Teaspoon Elichi/cardamom powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- pinch Salt
- Soak the rice in ½ cup water for about half an hour.
- Grind the rice in a coarse powder.
- In a thick bottomed pan cook the rice till it cooked stirring continuously.
- Add the drained sweet potato and add the thin coconut milk. Stir well.
- Cook covered till the sweet potato is cooked.
- Add the thick coconut milk, elichi/cardamom powder, and sugar, salt.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Serve chilled.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!