12 September, 2014
Falafel Wraps for LebnonPosted in : Bachelor Recipes, Blogging Marathon, Cuisine, Lebanese Cuisine, Simple and Healthy Vegetarian Diet in Old Age on by : admin Tags: chick peas, Coriander, Deep Fried, Falafel Wraps, garlic, jeera, Lebnese Cuisine, oil, onions, parsley, pepper, red chilli powder, Street food, Vegetarian Falafel Wraps, whole wheat flour
oil, often seasoned by lemon juice. olive oil, herbs, garlic and lemon are typical flavours found in the Lebanese diet.
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana/white chick peas, soaked overnight
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped or minced
- 2-3 garlic crushed
- 1 tsp dhania/ coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- ½ tsp kali mirchi/ pepper corns crushed
- 2 tbsp atta /whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- Salt as required
- Oil for deep frying
- Cook the soaked Kabuli Chana in the pressure cooker with 2 cups of water for 2 whistles. Cool.
- In a mixer/ blender add the drained Chana and mash/ coarse grind.
- Add all the other ingredients except the oil and grind to get a paste.
- Transfer from the mixer to a bowl and mix everything well.
- With your hands form small or medium sized balls or patties.
- Deep fry in hot oil like you would do for pakoras/fritters.
- Flip over to the other side whilst frying to ensure that the falafels are evenly fried.
- Drain falafel on kitchen tissues to remove excess oil.
- You can serve falafel hot with pita bread or serve as snack/starter with some sauce.
- But I served it like this fulkas, hummus, cheese slice, falafel and pickled cucumber and onion and dhania/
coriander leaves as garnish.
- Very very yum!!!
|Falafel Wraps for Lebnon|
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!