If you do not want to spend ages in the kitchen to make dessert? Need a simple but elegant dessert for dinner party?Try Poached pears with ice cream, whipped cream or even with a cake.
Easy and healthy Pasta Salad with pantry ingredients is simply delicious.
This salad is tossed with a yummy simple homemade dressing that straddles both the East and West. If you are looking for a side dish, this is it!
- Main Difference in my past Pasta Salads and today’s salad.
- Why did I make this Salad?
- What ingredients should I add to pasta salad?
- How I made my Pasta Salad in Chaat Masala Vinaigrette
- Recipe Card Pasta Salad in Chaat Masala Vinaigrette
- Pasta Salads can be made in advance
- Are you interested in salads that make meals stress-free and complaint free?
- Pin for Later
The challenge currently, is how to make the best pasta salad with limited ingredients and minimum wastage.
I am a part of the Shhh Secretly Cooking Group. Themes now are decided by a member chosen alphabetically. We then sign up for the challenge if interested, wait there is a twist each member is then partnered with another. These partners then exchange 2 secret ingredients, you cook according to the theme using these ingredients. Interesting?? Sign up!
So the theme for this month is Salads and has been suggested by Kalyani of Sizzling Tastebuds. She has some amazing gluten-free, vegan food like her Zero Oil Sweet Potato and Chickpeas recipe.
Anyway, Narmadha knows we in Goa had a hard time getting supplies thanks to our state borders being sealed off. She kindly suggested vinegar and chaat masala as my secret ingredients. I was grateful Narmadha thought so carefully before giving me these common ingredients. As for Narmadha, she has to work her magic with oil and mustard.
Also, as a part of Foodie Monday BlogHop, today our host is Narmadha and she wants us to share healthy #253MunchkinMeals. What better than a.salad, colourful meal is what a kid wants. Healthy is what you want. Sneak in veggies, feed them with colour remember we eat with our eyes first.
This salad just happened because I found some cooked pasta in the fridge. It was my girl’s late-night snack. They had used a combination of mozzarella and processed cheese in water (not milk) to make it. Now the girls do not eat so many milk products so naturally, they could not finish it.
The pasta was waiting for the Mad Scientist!
Salads in my place are our go-to food, especially for dinner. A Salad is one thing Apeksha will willingly put together. Our salads have no accompaniments like bread etc!
I made the salad after lunch, generally my time to take pictures and offered it to the girls. Surprisingly they were not interested, so, I left it on the dining table and went for a nap. By the time I came out after about 1 hour, most of the plate was empty. If the salad disappears when everyone is full, it is delicious !!
So are you going to try it out? If you do please do tag me.
All the difference was because of this delicious mix of garlic, apple cider vinegar, sugar and chaat masala. Chaat masala raised the bar of the dressing, from blah to delicious!
- Boiled Pasta: The pasta here is elbow pasta. You can use any small pasta with small nooks and crannies in them.
- Cheese: A mixture of processed cheese and mozzarella.
- Oregano: To flavour the pasta, adjust as per taste.
- Pepper: Black pepper, freshly ground, adjust as per taste.
- Beetroot: Boiled, peeled and cubed.
- Onions: Sliced thinly I used the smaller onions as they are tastier.
- Yellow Peppers: I had half a yellow capsicum to finish. You can use Red and green peppers too.
- Green chillies: You can skip adding the chillies or adjust as per taste.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: I used apple cider, you can try using balsamic vinegar or even red wine vinegar.
- Chaat Masala: I used the store-bought chaat masala.
- Other Veggies: Use any vegetable you like/have cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, boiled peas, boiled corn,
- Optional Ingredients: Boiled eggs, if you eat meat, go ahead and add boiled chicken, cooked prawns, bacon. Add nuts!
- Garlic: Use freshly minced garlic, if you can source fresh green shoots of garlic use that finely chopped.
- Salt: Use sparingly, but you will need some.
- Sugar: Use a pinch to balance the vinegar.
- To make the pasta: Boil the pasta as per instructions on the package and set aside.
- Microwave: Add the processed cheese pieces to a microwave-safe bowl and melt it the girls added water I will prefer milk. When it is a bit soft, add the mozzarella and oregano, salt, pepper and the pasta and mix well. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir microwave yet again for 30 seconds or till the cheese bubbles. Set aside to cool.
- Make the Vinaigrette: In a small bowl add crushed garlic, chaat masala and mix well. Add sugar and vinegar and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- To put the salad together: To the cooled pasta add all the veggies except the beetroot. in my case it was just the yellow pepper, onions mixed well. Add the vinaigrette and stir it. Add the boiled beets, green chillies and mix gently. this will prevent the rest of the pasta picking up the colour of the beets.
- Serve immediately.
Pasta Salad in Chaat Masala Vinaigrette
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Bowl for mixing
- Chopping Board
- Spoons and Ladles
- 100 g pasta cooked
- 2 slices processed cheese
- 1/4 cup mozeralla
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 beet boiled and cubed
- 2 onion small sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper cubed
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- Salt as per taste
- Boil the pasta as per instructions on the package and set aside.
- In the microwave safe bowl add the processed cheese pieces and melt it. When it is a bit soft, add the mozzarella and oregano, salt, pepper and the pasta and mix well.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir microwave yet again for 30 seconds or till the cheese bubbles.
- Set aside to cool.
Make the Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl add crushed garlic, chaat masala and mix well. Add sugar and vinegar and mix well. Adjust the salt.
To put the salad together:
- To the cool pasta add yellow pepper, onions mixed well.
- Add the vinaigrette and stir it.
- Add the boiled beets, green chillies and mix gently.
- Serve immediately.
A Pasta salad tastes better as it sits you can make it in advance. However, I like my veggies nice and crisp in a salad. Making a salad in advance will mean that the veggies get soft.
I leave the choice to you, but this is my thinking.
Here are a few of my favourites
- Red Lentil Salad
- Pomegranate, Carrots and Sprouts Salad
- Palak Salad
- Greek Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Horiatiki Salad