An easy and multipurpose Coffee Rub Mix that makes great a starter, side or a filling for a wrap! Your Vegan friend will also relish great food at your Holiday Table too. Try it!
One delicious and easy bread to bake is this garlic bread with whole wheat flour.
As a part of Blogging Marathon for the month of September we are blogging with alphabets. Must say that thanks to this marathon lot of my bookmarks got nudged to the done list! There are some that are loved a lot and I am asked to make them again.
This Whole Wheat Rosemary Garlic Bread that I had bookmarked from here falls in the repeat category.
I have tried following the recipe but used substitutes for garlic powder, fresh rosemary and bread flour. The bread was awesome! The girls were at it as soon as it was out of the oven.
Prep Time 15 minutes
First fermentation: 70 minutes
Second fermentation: 30 minutes Bake
Time 50 minutes
Serves 1 loaf
- 3 Cup/450g White Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup/80g Maida Or APF
- 1 ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tblsp/12 G Active Yeast
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tblsp /13g Sugar
- 1/4 Cup /31g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Dry Rosemary
- 1 ½ +1/3 Cup Warm Water
- In a bowl add the sugar, and the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast and dissolve the yeast. Let it stand in a warm corner for some time say 10-15 minutes or till the yeast becomes frothy.
- Meanwhile mix well the garlic, salt, rosemary olive oil in the flours. Gradually add water to form sticky dough. In case you are using your mixer knead using the using dough hook to for about 7-8 minutes or until the dough become smooth and soft.
- Transfer the dough to well greased plastic container and let is rise for about 70 minutes or until the dough becomes more than double in volume.
- Transfer the risen dough to well floured bench and gradually punch down the air and roll it into a loaf.
- Transfer the shaped loaf into the well greased loaf pan and set aside for second rise of 30 minutes.
- By the end of the second rise preheat oven to 375 F/190ᵒC. And bake the bread for about 45-50 minutes. Cool the bread in the rack for minimum 2 hours to cutting.Enjoy the bread as sandwich or with any winter soup.
Whole Wheat Rosemary Garlic Bread Recipe
- Hand-Held Beater
- Spoons and Ladles
- Baking mould
- Parchment paper or Silpats
- Silicone Brush for brushing
- 3 cup white whole wheat flour 450g
- ½ cup maida or All-purpose flour 80g
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp instant yeast 12 g
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar 13g
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil /31g
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ +1/3 cup warm water
- Mix well the garlic, salt, rosemary olive oil in the flours, sugar and instant yeast.
- Gradually add water to form a sticky dough. (The amount of water needed differs for different flours). Knead till nice and smooth and soft.
- In case you are using your mixer knead using the using dough hook for about 7-8 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth and soft.
- Transfer the dough to a well-greased plastic container and let it rise for about 70 minutes or until the dough becomes more than double in volume.
- Transfer the risen dough to a well-floured bench and gradually punch down the air and roll it into a loaf.
- Transfer the shaped loaf into the well-greased loaf pan and set aside for a second rise of 30 minutes or till the loaf rises to the rim of the pan.
- By the end of the second rise preheat the oven to 190ᵒC/375 F.
- Bake the bread for about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool the bread in the rack for minimum 2 hours to cutting.
- Enjoy the bread as sandwich or with any winter soup.
- The amount of water needed differs for different flours hence add water gradually.
- In case you plan to use dried rosemary 1 tsp is enough.