What is the Holiday Season for if not to indulge in these delicious cookies? Choose from these #9 Delicious Cookies Recipes for Christmas! We love them all.
For Nov Taming the yeast Veena has
shared her Whole Wheat Tomato Basil Loaf that is adapted from Italian
cookbook by Tarla Dalal.
the goodness of the whole wheat, tomato and basil.
Since half the flour is whole wheat
flour, the bread tends to be a little dense.
As Veena suggested I have used both
regular whole wheat flour and Maida. Varada suggested that I quarter the
tomatoes and bake on low heat for 4 hours in the oven to get my sun dried
tomatoes. Thanks Varada!
Wheat Tomato Basil Loaf
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup sun dried tomato (soaked in warm
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup to ½ cup warm water
- Mix the flours together with salt.
- Add the yeast to 1/3 cup of warm water with sugar and let it rest
for 2 minutes.
- Add this mixture and tomato puree to
the dry flours and knead well for 5 to 7 minutes to make it into soft pliable
- Oil a wide mouthed bowl and transfer
this dough to it.
- Keep it covered in a warm place and let
it double for nearly 1 hour
- Now punch down the dough a little and add the sun dried tomatoes, basil
and knead again.
- If need be add a little more flour and
knead applying olive oil.
- Dust the rolling surface and roll it into a
rectangle approximately ¼” in thickness and then shape it into a loaf by
rolling it from long side.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Place the shaped loaf on a prepared tray,
cover it loosely and let it rise again for 30-40 minutes.
- At the end of 30 minutes, preheat the
oven to 180°C or 356°F
- Now brush the top with egg wash or milk
and bake it at 180°C /356°F for 20 minutes or till done.
- Let it cool and slice it.
- I served it with Garlic Cheese Dip to others I preferred it plain with tea!
then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you
are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I
would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page.
I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!