Make your own indulgent Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate at home with our easy recipe. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
F or Avidhva Navami when my friend Kanchan had come over I had made Mattar Paneer, Chapatti, Shrikhand,Carrot Salad in curds and Pulao.
Never has my pulao had so many takers! In fact I had not clicked a snap of it. It was only everyone commented that it was tasty and one & when Shrija, Kanchan’s new daughter-in-law asked me for the recipe that I realised that I had hit on something tasty!
Someone mentioned that she did not know that onions and garlic are acceptable for any kind of festivities. Strictly speaking they are not but Kanchan, my friend does not mind me using onions and garlic. In fact my father who will be reading this is going to be scandalised!!
So this is the snap of the leftover pulao and a documentation of the method I followed which is already hazy.
250 grms basmati rice (1 small glass)
2 cups Mixed Vegetables (I used french beans, carrots and corn)
2 Onion, cut lengthwise
2 Tomatoes cut fine
1 petal from Star Anise
½ Bay Leaf
½ teaspoon Shah Jeera
450 ml Coconut Milk (a little less than the 2 glasses in the one that I used to measure rice)
½ teaspoon shah jeera
2 Green Chillies
4 Garlic cloves
½ cup Coriander Leaves,a few leaves of mint and tulsi
Coriander for garnishing
1. Wash and drain the rice.
2. Meanwhile grind the masala to fine paste use water if needed
3. In a thick pan heat a little and fry the rice for a few minutes.
4. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan heat about 2 tblspn oil, add the bay leaf and the star anise. Cook till they sizzle. Add the onion and fry till translucent.
6. Add the tomatoes and & haldi/turmeric if using fry covered till tomatoes are mushy.
7. Add the ground masala and continue frying till the tomatoes disappear in the gravy. Use water if needed.
8. Transfer the fried rice in the mixture.
9. Add the coconut milk, salt. Stir well check the water. (My method of checking the water is quite rustic or 'gaunthi' as my husband calls it, I switch off the flame when I transfer the rice in the pan I am cooking level it out. Rest your fingers on the rice in the pan add the necessary liquid till the liquid reaches your knuckle line for rice in a pulao if you veggies are fried with the rice else add more little more water till the liquid is less than midway between the lower line and the top line of you knuckle). ((I hope I am making sense))!!
10. Switch on the gas on sim and let it cook without covering.
11. When the water evaporates from above the rice and you can see the rice add the veggies, mix with a fork lightly cover and cook till there is no water in your vessel.
12. Keep the vessel covered for at least 10 minutes then remove the cover and let it cool completely.
13. Fluff the pulao with a fork just before serving heat in the micro and serve garnished with coriander.