19 July, 2014
Gor Keri a Raw/Green Mango PickleComments : 5 Posted in : Condiments, Cook Book Series, Gujarati Cuisine, jaggery, Mango Pickle, Pickle, Raw Mango/Green Mango, Sanjeev Kapoor, Sweeteners on by : admin Tags: Condiments, Gor Keri, Gujarati Cuisine, Pickle
Last week I shared the pickle masala from the book Marwari Vegetarian Cooking by Sanjeev Kapoor. Try this pickle and enjoy the praises that come your way.My friends have been corrected by my friends that Gor Keri is a Gujarati dish so I am changing my category from Rajasthani to Gujrati. Thanks Vaishali and Preeti!!
Gor Keri a Raw/Green Mango Pickle
Recipe Source: Marwari VegetarianCooking by Sanjeev Kapoor
- 1 kg raw mangoes, peeled and cut in ½ inch cubes ( 4 big raw mangoes)
- 6 tsp salt
- 1 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 kg grated jaggary
- 200 grms Rajasthani Pickle Masala
- 1 blspn saunf/fennel seeds
- Add salt and haldi to mango pieces in a large glass bowl and mix well.
- Cover and set aside for 5 to 6 hours.
- Drain the water that the mangoes release and dry them on a large plate in the sun for 6 hours.
- Put the cubes in a large glass bowl.
- Add jaggary and the pickle masala and fennel seeds. Mix well.
- Cover and set aside for 6 to 8 days stirring twice daily till all the jaggary has melted.
- Store in glass bottles.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!