9 May, 2014
Keri Ki Launjee/ A Raw Mango PreserveComments : 10 Posted in : Uncategorized on by : admin Tags: Blogging Marathon, Condiments, Keri Ki Launjee, Preserve, Rajasthani Cusine, Raw Mango, Sanjeev Kapoor
|Keri Ki Launjee|
I love mangoes both raw and ripe mangoes so when I picked up the book of Marwari Vegetarian cooking by Sanjeev Kapoor I jumped with joy. Valli announced Mango Mania as a theme. Finally, all my pictures will have a draft. This is a cause for celebration!!
Keri Ki Launjee
- 1 kg raw mangoes
- 3 tblspn mustard oil( I used rice bran)
- ¾ tsp methi/ fenugreek seeds
- 4 tsp saunf/fennel seeds
- ½ tsp kalonji/onion seeds
- 1 tsp dhania/ coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 ¼ cup jaggery
- Peel the mangoes, cut lengthwise the mangoes. remove seeds.
- Heat oil in a kadhai add methi seeds and sauté till they change colour.
- Add the saunf seeds, onion seeds, coriander, chilli and turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the mangoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the jaggery and ½ cup water. Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Store in glass bottles when cold.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!