27 January, 2011
Bread DosaPosted in : #4 Ingredient Dish, Bachelor Recipes, Bachlor, Buttermilk, Dosa, Dosa, Fermented, Healthy food, Indian Cuisine, Indian Flat Bread, Lowfat, Milk & Milk Products, Rice the Versatile Cereal and Its Uses, Simple and Healthy Vegetarian Diet in Old Age, South Indian Cuisine on by : admin Tags: Breakfast, Buttermilk, Dosa, Dosa Variety, Rice
Every time I churn the cream that I collect for butter I end up with buttermilk. Sometimes I make dhokla out of it sometimes it gets converted into bread dosa.
Bread Dosa that I used to make used Eno’s fruit salt but nowadays I use methi/fenugreek seeds.
The ingredients are:
1 cup rice
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp methi/fenugreek seeds or
1 tsp fruit salt
1. Wash and soak the rice in the buttermilk for 4 hours. If you are using methi/fenugreek seeds soak them too.
2. Next grind fine to a smooth paste.
3. Let it ferment for 4 hours.
4. In case you are not using methi/fenugreek seeds mix well, the fruit salt make the dosas immediately.
5. In the initial recipe we used to ladle one spoonful batter in a heated kadhai, drizzle about a tsp of oil at the sides then cover, cook and serve. The whole dosa used to fluff up like an idli.
6. In the present refined version taking into account that we have to control fats I just ladle it on the non-stick tava, cover and cook.
7. Serve hot with chutney.Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!