Creamy Moutabel also called Mutabal is part of the Middle East Cuisine is made from Roasted Eggplant. A delicious way to add in your family’s diet aubergine a very healthy but much-disliked vegetable. Serve it as a part of Mezze Platter or for the Tailgating you host next?
F or the Radhika’s Blog Hop this time I am paired with Kaveri again.
I wanted to try some of her rice recipes so as I was prowling her place she posted this yummy Tomato Rice. This one was quite different from what I make so I was definitely interested.
I did not have peas else I am sure the rice would have looked and tasted better.
2 ½ cups rice cooked and fluffed
1 Green Chili
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Chili Powder (adjust as per taste)
1 tsp Masala powder (which was left over)
Salt to taste
1. Finely chop onions and tomatoes. Slit the green chilly.
2. Heat oil and ghee in a Kadhai, once the oil is heated, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds till the mustard splutters.
3. Add the green chili and chopped onions. Sauté till onions are transparent.
4. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, and fry till oils separates.
5. Add salt, masala and red chili powder. Mix well.
6. Finally add the cooled and cooked rice and mix well. Adjust salt.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.( I did not have any so there is no garnish in mine).
Linking it to Blog Hop Wednesday Week #14