Make your own indulgent Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate at home with our easy recipe. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
Merry Christmas to all!! Complements of the season!!
That time of the year when all my neighbour’s homes smell of delicious goodies coming out. Today is the day I see what smelled so good. I have on my table some very rich bebinca, cakes and amazing variety of kulkul, doce, marzipan and cookies!!
All my attention, since morning is flitting from one tray to another,each vying for my attention!! The only thought that I have one stomach, that is frantically signally to me to PLEASE STOP is distressing to say the least.
Anyway coming to today’s post for the BM#35 that is about bookmarked recipes I will like to share is Mississippi Mud Cake from Cakes Galore by Valerie Barrett.
Why this called so? Probably because the cake looks like the thick mud at the banks of Mississippi river. Do not let the name put you off try it.
- 250 g butter
- 250g sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten (see notes)
- 115 g milk compound (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 225 gram flour
- 4 tblspn unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 100 grms walnuts, chopped(See notes)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Grease a 30 x 11 cm tin.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together till fluffy.
- Gradually beat the eggs in the mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and the walnuts. Fold till well mixed.
- Spoon the mixture in the tin and level the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or till the skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes ten turn out on the wire rack and cool completely.
- I made it eggless today to carry for some friends. Substituted with ¾ cups of curds.
- The original recipe called for dark bitter chocolate I used milk compound as I wanted to finish it.
- The original recipe called for pecans. Today I have used just chocolate chips.
- There is a very delicious icing that the book carries but in my house the cakes just disappear so I have never tried it out.
- Take a look at my today’s cake. The icing is from here.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!