On Ashadha Amavasya is also called as Deepaanvit Amavasya lamps are worshipped. This simple and delicious recipe where Whole Wheat Flour Lamps are used to worship lamps. A simple and healthy steamed recipe from Maharashtra underlines that even lamp is worshipable.
Have you had your kindness show, pass it on, for it is not thine alone, pass it on…
These awards, my second one, to be exact have been passed over by Priya Mahadevan of NOW SERVING … Thank you Priya! Please do visit her blog for some exiting recipes. She is not only an accomplished cook but also a excellent dancer, yoga teacher and a journalist!!
I am thrilled to bits! I have met here, wonderful cooks, nay chefs here in this virtual world, masters par excellence not just cooking but in other fields also. And being appreciated by such an accomplished person is an accomplishment!!
I am told that I have to share this award with 15 blogger friends that I have. That I suppose is the catch.
I am facing the same dilemma as Priya who to leave out? Its like you have a party and leave out half your friends.
I hope you understand that in my own clumsy way I am trying to apologise the ones I have left out. Its not intentional just the “Houseful” board came up before it was meant to.
Before I add the names of the ones I would like to pass these awards to I am to share 7 things about myself.
1. My favourite celebrity chefs are Anjum Anand, Sanjeev Kapoor, Nigella Lawson!
2. My favourite movies are Hrikesh Mukhjee movies– Chupke Chupke, Abhimann,Golmaal, Budha Mil Gaya…
3.Of course I love old Hindi movie songs, once that my daughters call “yucks” and Manna Dey is my favourite singer.
4. I love sweets, romantic novels.
5.My favourite colour is pink.
6. I have to remind myself that I graduated in Chemistry.
7. Last but most importantly husband is my best critic and friend!!
Now for the most difficult part 15 people to pass these awards too.
1. Aipi from US Masala
2.Satya from My Inovative Kitchen
3. PJ from Seduce your Tastebuds
4. Smitha from Smitha’s Spicy Flavours
5. Rachu from ammaandbaby
6. Akheela from Torview
7. Priya from Priya’s Easy N Tasty Recipes
8. Jay from Tasty Appetite
9.Deepa from hamaree rasoi
10. Shilpa from Aayi’s Recipes
11. Pari from Foodelicious
12. Umm Mymoonah from Taste of Pearl City
13. Cooking Foodie from 365 Days of Eating
14. Chaitrali from I-m not-a-Chef
15. Heather from girlichef