Wholesome Moong Dal Khichdi : A nutritious and comforting one-pot meal. Try our easy recipes for a tasty, quick dinner.
With Gudi Padwa or Ugadi, I start using these mango recipes we love.
A compilation of some of the preparations from Mango both raw or green and ripe!
Mangoes are the king of fruit that is much awaited all over the world! It is the juiciest, "best" fruit in the world!
Unfortunately, the king of fruits who rules over India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and the Philippines leads the fruit market from March to May!
My elder daughter will beg to differ she hates ripe mangoes and can not wait for the season to get over. Well, it takes all kinds cannot say I complain it means more mangoes for the rest of us!
Anyway here goes let us finish
Ripe Mango Recipes
Now for the Raw Mango recipes…
I generally make foodstuff with raw mangoes for it is much more appreciated and enjoyed at home.
Besides these, we have recipes like
- How about some Mango Shake? with the heat making its presence felt a glass of chilled shake is something we love.
- The ripe mangoes can be preserved, make some Goan Style Mango Jam without Preservatives. Try it!
- Mango Murabba /Amba cha Murabba/Green Mango Preserve is another much-loved preserve with mangoes. These days I add some chilli powder to this jam as we love the taste of spicy jams like this Tomato Jam.
- Is there a pickle lover who does not enjoy Mango Pickle| Mavinkai Upinkai|Kari che Lonche? Check this yummy recipe out.
- Try making Gor Keri a Raw/Green Mango Pickle or Keri Ki Launjee/ A Raw Mango Preserve. Both are lip-smacking and delicious.
- One of the easiest preserves of green mango is this Raw Mango in Salt. The same mangoes can be made into mouth-watering pickles. Since you can get some green peas in the market still try Mixed Pickle of Raw Mangoes, Cauliflower and Carrots.
- One recipe we never tire of is this Raw |Unripe|Green Mango Chutney.
So this mango season what are the recipes you plan to try?
This post is an updated version of the older post that I posted in March 2022.