On Ashadha Amavasya is also called as Deepaanvit Amavasya lamps are worshipped. This simple and delicious recipe where Whole Wheat Flour Lamps are used to worship lamps. A simple and healthy steamed recipe from Maharashtra underlines that even lamp is worshipable.
Last Updated on
I have been suffering from writer’s block, cooker’s block…. this will sound better if I say Chef’s block, so I am suffering from a Chef’s Block and of course plain old laziness. So there is nothing big churning out in the kitchen.
So how to get the juices flowing?
Take part in a Blogging Marathon! So I immediately signed up for this series of Blogging Marathon #35.
So this week there is pressure cooker cooking at the my place.
Do not expect miracles here too I have tried finding a shortcut. I have used the Futura Pressure Cooker. Its fast and fuel efficient. So next 2 days expect Futura cooker recipes here. In case you do not have the same cooker I have tried to equate it to regular presure cooker cooking. But this is again an approximation, mera Andaz!
Anyway let’s kick start with Kuch Meetha .. So here is
Chawal ki Kheer or Creamy Milk with Rice
Recipe Source: Futura Cookbook
Pressure cooking time: 12 minutes
- 4 cups milk
- 6 tblsp Basmati rice
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 green cardamoms
- 8 almonds
- Bring the milk to boil in cooker.
- Add the rice sugar and cardamoms stir and dissolve the sugar.
- Close the cooker. Cook on medium heat. When the steam comes out of the vent steadily place the vent/ whistle/weight.
- When full pressure builds, that is, the steam escape steadily again now reduce the heat and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from heat. Open the cooker once it cools naturally.
- Place the cooker on medium heat and stir constantly and cook the kheer till creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve garnished with almonds.
- Tastes great both hot and cold. (I should know I loved it both ways).
In case you are planning to cook the Chawal ka Kheer in a regular cooker. Stop. I was told by an old lady that cooking rice and milk together causes the milk to curdle. I tried it out ( I have a Mad name to live up to)> the milk does curdle.
The Solution….Please cook the rice separate then add it to the milk. Sorry no other option.
Am I dashing a lot of hopes? I am sorry but that is what it is. The better option will be buying a Futura. And in case you think I am being paid to write a review for the Futura PC sorry. I am not paid to write it and this is not a review.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!