Gajak is a brittle made traditionally with peanuts, sesame seeds and jaggery. Enjoy this chikki as you bask in the winter sun or around the Lohri bonfire.
A compilation some of the preparations from Mango both raw or green and ripe!
Mangoes the king of fruit that is much awaited all over the world! It is the juiciest, “bestest” fruit in the world!
Unfortunately, the king of fruits who rules over India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Philippines rules the fruit market in the from March to May!
My elder daughter will beg to differ she hates mangoes and can not wait for the season to get over. Well, it takes all kinds cannot say I complain it means more mangoes for the rest of us!
I generally make foodstuff with raw mangoes for it is much more appreciated and enjoyed at home. The ripe mangoes we generally cut and eat or maybe I make an accompaniment for chapatti.
Anyway here goes let us finish the ripe mango section first…
- Make a salsa as Peach and Mango Salsa the main ingredients here are Mangoes and Peaches along with onions, chilli and lime juice.
- Ambe che sasav/Mango sasav a traditional Goan dish the main ingredients here are Mango, of course, sasav or mustard the main flavouring, coconut, haldi, jaggery and tamarind are used to adjust the taste.
- Mango Shake actually this has only one person interested in it, Me. The main ingredients are milk and mango.
- Goan Style Mango Jam without Preservatives a traditional Goan Preserve. Main ingredients Mango and sugar.
Now for the Raw Mango recipes…
- Gor Keri a Raw/Green Mango Pickle a Rajasthani style Mango pickle that is sweetish. Main ingredients raw mango, Rajasthani pickle masala and jaggery and a lot of Sun.
- Keri Ki Launjee/ A Raw Mango Preserve Main ingredients raw mango, fenugreek seeds, saunf/fennel seeds kalonji/onion seeds.
- Mixed Pickle of Raw Mangoes, Cauliflower and Carrots need I say more?
- Raw Mango in Salt tender mangoes and salt mixed together the brine formed does all the magic.
- ManvinKai Chitra Anna or Raw Mango Rice rice and raw mangoes in a tempering is our favourite form of lunch. Yum, Yum Yum.
- Panha -Raw Mango Drink a tender mango thirst quencher especially made with jaggery.
- Raw|Unripe|Green Mango Chutney raw mangoes, coconut and jaggery ground with red chillies. Wow, what a way to eat!!!
- Ambe dal where raw mangoes and daal create a special magic…
- Mango Pickle| Mavinkai Upinkai|Kari che Lonche how can we ever forget pickle.