Eat your hearts out girls but these are the raw mangoes hanging outside my kitchen service balcony. They are all mine. Mine to make anything out of them!
Even as I am crowing about the mangoes being mine my daughters are at work, plucking them out to just chop them and eat them! Well since I cannot stop them might as well join them!!! 🙂
The only time they listen to me is when I make pickle. The pickle gets over instantly!!
I wanted to make something that brought together the best of both winter and summer so what better than a mixed pickle? Mixed veggies I used cauliflower and dilli gajar and of course freshly plucked raw mangoes.
This is my entry for the month long Blogging Marathon under the theme” Seasonal”!
- 2 Raw mangoes, washed and chopped
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets,
- 1 carrot, cut in batons
- 3 tblspn pickle masala
- ¼ cup hot oil( I use rice bran)
- Wash and dry the cauliflower florets.
- Take the oil in a vessel and heat it till it smokes. Switch off the gas and let the oil cool.
- Mix the carrots, cauliflower and the raw mango pieces with salt and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the pickle masala and mix really well.
- Transfer to a clean dry glass container and pour the cooled oil.
- This is an instant pickle it cannot be stored so make small quantities.
- The oil, when you are storing the pickle has to be above the pickled stuff at all times.
- You can use any ready-made pickle masala.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!