The spicy and delicious condiment that peps up mealtimes! Simple to make Gun Powder Chutney uses flax seeds as one of the ingredients. How else do I feed the reluctant family flax seeds?
Bhajkya Pohe Chivda Recipe
- Spoons and Ladles
- 850 grams bhajke pohe
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- 250 grams groundnuts/peanuts
- 150 grams puthne/roasted bengal gram
- 3 springs of curry leaves
- 7 green chillies minced
- ½ tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- 4 tsp of red chilli powder
- 2 tsp hing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a kadhai/wok heat oil.
- Add 2-3 grains of mustard if they start spluttering immediately add the rest.
- Add the groundnuts next and stir occasionally, you hear them popping.
- Next, add Puthne again stir till you get a lovely fragrance of the roasted/fried nuts. (Check note 4)
- Add the green chillies and curry leaves.
- After about ½ a minute add the haldi/turmeric, chilli powder and hing/asafoetida. Stir well.
- Add the lime juice. Be careful as the oil will splutter a lot. Once the spluttering stops switch off the gas and get the kadhai/wok off the flame.
- Add the pohe, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Serve in bowl or plate.
- This is mild chivda. If you want it spicy add more green chillies, chilli powder.
- Adjust the taste and use more/less sugar and lime juice to suit your taste.
- I case you do not have lemon add 1/8 tsp of citric acid crystals in 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Add cashew nuts and dry coconut/chobra pieces, raisins, almonds.