Simple, easy and delicious Bhagara Rice Recipe which pairs well with vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Serve it with a spicy curry or plain with raita.
Can you imagine the shock you get when you discover that the basic everyday breakfast items are not on your blog?
- 1 cup urid dal
- 3 cups regular rice
- 2 teaspoon methi /fenugreek
- 1 cup of puffed rice (optional)
- Wash and soak the rice and dal together with the fenugreek in sufficient water. Generally I choose a big vessel and see to it the level of water is atlest 1 inch above the dal and rice levels. The soak time is 8-10 hours.
- At the end of the soak time in case you are using the puffed rice in the rice dal mixture. It will almost immediately
- Drain the water from the rice and dal and grind in your blender to a fine paste using little water.
- After grinding transfer to a big container. The batter is going to ferment and almost double up. Cover and let it stand in a warm place for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours your batter is well fermented. Stir and add salt.
- Take a non-stick tava (traditionally beed was used) grease it lightly and then heat it.
- Take a ladle of the dosa batter and in smooth circular moments spread it on the tava. If you want it thin the spreading will have to be faster and with lesser batter but if you want it thick then take your time to spread the batter.
- Cook till the edges turn brown. Gently work on the edges (especially if you have a paper dosa on the tava) and peel the dosa off the tava. If your dosa is thin enough you do not have to turn it over else do turn it over and cook it to your liking.
- Serve hot with potato veggie and chutney.
in dosa that you may be interested in are
Hi! First time here? Well ,then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!