This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
Set Dosa, An Indian Crepe
Dosa is a South Indian Crepe, it is lentil based nd fermented. A staple dish for South Indians for breakfast and as a snack. Since the basic components are rice and daal its high on carbohydrates and protein.
My girls do not like dosa so when they do eat some dosa I better take notice and note it down.
This is one yummy and tasty dosa that they liked them and I ran out of batter. Never mind if afterwards I am told they prefer dosas that are paper thin and or stuffed with noodles, not these "fat-fat ones."
I had seen the picture on Facebook and immediately bookmarked.
- 2 cups rice
- ½ cup poha
- ¼ urid dal
- 1 teaspoon methi
- 1 tblspn sabudana or sago
- ½ cup curd
- ½ teaspoon soda (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
Getting the Batter Ready:
- Wash and rinse the dal and rice. Add the methi seeds and the sabudana.
- Let this mixture soak for 6-8 hours.
- About 1 hour before grinding soak the poha in the curds.
- Add this poha to the drained rice mixture and grind fine with minimum water.
- Set aside till for the batter to ferment overnight or 4-5 hours. It will be all bubbly and frothy.
- Stir add salt and mix well.
To Make Dosa:
- In case you are using a non-stick tava grease it lightly. But using a cast iron one you need to grease it well.
- Heat the tava and then pour a ladle full of the batter. There is no need to spread it.
- Cover and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve hot with chutney.
Linking to Rice the Versatile Cereal and Its Uses.
Your comments, feedback are something I look forward to. So do comment and share with family and friends.