Easy, creamy Eggless Custard Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe that is made in the freezer. You can also customise it too for your favourite flavours! Try it!
This was my reaction!
Mallige Idli/ Jasmine Idlis
- 1 cup urid dal / split black lentils, dehusked
- 1 cup beaten rice /poha /avalakki
- 2 cups rice (I used sona masuri)
- 1/4 cup curd should not be very sour
- salt to taste
- Soak the urid dal and the rice at least 3-4 hours.
- Soak the poha at least 2 hours before grinding.
- After it is soaked, make a fine paste of urid dal.
- Grind the rice into a coarse paste then half way through add the soaked poha and grind. It should be rough paste.
Use minimum water.
- Add the curds (see notes below) and mix the two pastes. Your batter must be a little thicker than normal idli batter.
- Let it ferment overnight.
- Next day add salt and mix the batter well.
- Make the idlis as usual. That is grease the idli moulds and steam them, that means do not use the vent, in the
pressure cooker for 20 minutes.
- In the case of this idli use a big tablespoon full of batter only. They fluff up so much!
- The actual instructions were,”If the weather is cool, add the curd to the mixture and allow it to ferment overnight.
If the weather is hot/humid add the curd, one hour before preparing the idlis.” I added the curd in the night
itself as I did not fancy waking up one hour early just to mix the curd!
- Idli/ Steamed Rice Cakes.
- Butter idli
- Mixed Daal Idli
- Jowar Rava Idli
- Spicy Corn and Cabbage Rava Idli
- Khushboo Idli
The basic idli can be magically transformed! How?
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!