If you do not want to spend ages in the kitchen to make dessert? Need a simple but elegant dessert for dinner party?Try Poached pears with ice cream, whipped cream or even with a cake.
My punjabi aunty taught me to make Chana Dal Khichidi. Its easy to make and takes really yummmmmmm……..
1 Cup Chana Dal soaked in water for 30-40 min
2 cup basmati rice
Ghee 2 teaspoons
1 spoon jeera
3-4 whole elaichee
2 long cut Onions
1 teaspoon Garam masala
Salt to taste
1. In a kadai, add ghee to heat. When hot, add the jeera.
2. Fry onions, till they turn pink.
3. Add pepper and whole elaichee to the onion mix and fry for 2-3 min
4. Add garam masala and salt to take
5. Next add chana dal and fry for 1-2 min
6. Add rice and water to let the khichidi cook.
Khichidi is ready. This tastes great with curd. You could roast some papaas well.