A chutney made with Tender Tamarind Leaves Pachadi Recipe is simply delicious. Also called Chintha Chiguru Tokkuthis spicy and sour chutney tastes great with just about anything. Try it with not just idli, dosa but with bhakri and chapati even steamed rice. Try it!
Want to try a Greek recipe, simple yet full of flavours? Try the Spanakorizo.
A simple combination of palak or spinach and rice but so yum.
The original rice is flavoured with dill but since we do not like dill I left it out (and was happy).
I have served it calling it Palak Pulao and this is the first time no second time I have used lime in a Pulao. The first being here. I have made Palak Pulao in the past so it was like okay a new madcap scheme.
The use of lime in rice is not new to me we used it often in Phodnicha Bhaat or Chitra Anna but in Pulaos I rarely use lime and fall back on my favourite tomato to give the pulao a tang. Using lemon is a lot simpler and tasty too.
You can add feta cheese on top or even egg but I have not done any of it.
The main ingredients here are palak/spinach, rice, garlic, olive oil, In case you are using then Dill.
This pulao is adapted from here.
Greek Spinach Rice|Spanakorizo
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoons garlic
- Zest from one lemon
- ½ Teaspoon Jeera/ cumin powder
- 500 Grams Palak/spinach (2 bunches)
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 4 Tablespoons Dill chopped and divided I did not use
- ½ Teaspoon ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Pepper powder
- Juice from one lemon
- In the thick bottomed pan heat olive oil.
- Sauté onions until translucent. Sauté garlic.
- Add the lemon zest, jeera and palak and cover the pan. In about 3-4 minutes the palak will wilt.
- Stir the rice, water, 2 Tablespoons of the dill(if using), salt and pepper . Bring to a boil.
- Cook on low flame until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the remaining fresh dill before serving.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!