A classic French condiment, fresh Pistou Recipe is perfect for those who suffer from nut and dairy allergies. Vegans and lactose intolerant can indulge in Pistou.
Want to try a Greek recipe, simple yet full of flavours? Try the Spanakorizo.
A simple combination of palak or spinach and rice but so yum.
The original rice is flavoured with dill but since we do not like dill I left it out (and was happy).
I have served it calling it Palak Pulao and this is the first time no second time I have used lime in a Pulao. The first being here. I have made Palak Pulao in the past so it was like okay a new madcap scheme.
The use of lime in rice is not new to me we used it often in Phodnicha Bhaat or Chitra Anna but in Pulaos I rarely use lime and fall back on my favourite tomato to give the pulao a tang. Using lemon is a lot simpler and tasty too.
You can add feta cheese on top or even egg but I have not done any of it.
The main ingredients here are palak/spinach, rice, garlic, olive oil, In case you are using then Dill.
This pulao is adapted from here.
Greek Spinach Rice|Spanakorizo
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Cup Onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoons garlic
- Zest from one lemon
- ½ Teaspoon Jeera/ cumin powder
- 500 Grams Palak/spinach (2 bunches)
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 4 Tablespoons Dill chopped and divided I did not use
- ½ Teaspoon ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Pepper powder
- Juice from one lemon
- In the thick bottomed pan heat olive oil.
- Sauté onions until translucent. Sauté garlic.
- Add the lemon zest, jeera and palak and cover the pan. In about 3-4 minutes the palak will wilt.
- Stir the rice, water, 2 Tablespoons of the dill(if using), salt and pepper . Bring to a boil.
- Cook on low flame until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the remaining fresh dill before serving.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!