Creamy Moutabel also called Mutabal is part of the Middle East Cuisine is made from Roasted Eggplant. A delicious way to add in your family’s diet aubergine a very healthy but much-disliked vegetable. Serve it as a part of Mezze Platter or for the Tailgating you host next?
Leftover rice can be made into a delicious breakfast dish, Phodnicha Bhaat a delicious example of Maharastrian cuisine.
Phodni means tempering or seasoning and bhaat is rice so this dish literally means tempered rice.
There are innumerable ways of making a seasoning so the taste of the Phodnicha Bhaat will be something that different for each tempering.
Basically, I feel the difference between the Kalasida Anna or mixed rice and Phodnicha bhaat is the fact that in Phodnicha bhaat the rice is stir fried and in the case of Kalasida Anna, the seasoning is added to the rice and mixed. The frying of the rice gives the rice a delicious flavour that I prefer over Kalasida Anna.
This is the very basic rice that I have made here speaks volumes of my bare pantry. I have not garnished it because I have nothing to garnish it with not even a spring of dhania/ coriander.
Since I keep making this rice often so will update the pictures. This is the only time I have added peanuts generally I do not add them as my Father-in-Law finds it difficult to chew. You can add or omit them as you wish.
Linking it my page Rice Recipes, a Compilation of the Uses of the Versatile Cereal.
Phodnicha Bhaat/ Stir-Fried Seasoned Rice
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice grains seperated
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon Hing/Asafoetida
- 1/4 Teaspoon Haldi/turmeric powder
- 3 Teaspoons Groundnuts
- 1/4 Teaspoon Urid Daal
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 Green chillies Slit
- 1 Small Onion chopped fine, optional
- Salt to Taste
- A pinch Sugar
- 2 Springs Dhania/ Coriander Leaves
- Heat a kadhai/wok when it is hot add oil.
- Splutter the mustard seeds. Add urid dal and let it redden. Add the ground nuts and fry till you get a lovely aroma.
- Add the green chillies, haldi, and onion. Fry the onion till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the rice , slat , suagr and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!