If you do not want to spend ages in the kitchen to make dessert? Need a simple but elegant dessert for dinner party?Try Poached pears with ice cream, whipped cream or even with a cake.
Thanks you all of you my friends for the support that you gave me when my Dad was not well. Thanks to all your prayers he is better and has agreed that he needs to follow-up his investigations. Three quarters of the battle won!! J
Now coming to the post long pending!
This is the picture of sabudana-che-khichdi! So what‘s new you will ask and have you not blogged it? Yes I have but this one is different I have used onion in making this khichdi.
My husband, the onion fan, is constantly telling me to make it with onion. In fact he used to tell his mom to make khichdi with onion and she used to laugh it off. As in Maharashtra sabudana –che-khichdi is associated with fasting, which means no onion.
But when my youngest SIL got married she told me that her MIL made sabudana –che-khichdi with onion! This was also a long time ago.
Finally I bit the bullet!!
250 grms sabudana
2 tblspn curd
¾ cup ground nut roasted and powdered
2-3 tblspn grated fresh coconut
½ tsp sugar
2-3 tblspn homemade ghee (2 if using boiled potatoes)
1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds/jeergi
4 boiled potatoes, mashed (you can use raw chopped or sliced as per your taste)
2 onions, chopped fine
3-4 green chillies
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Wash the sabudana with water and drain completely. Now in ¼ cup water add the curds and blend well. Mix with the sabudana. Let this mixture stay overnight.
2. In the morning stir the sabudana add the roasted ground nut powder, coconut, salt, sugar and lime juice.
3. Mash the potatoes and mix a little salt in it. If you are using raw potatoes you may omit this step. (I used to use raw potatoes but the potatoes were boiled and begging for attention. I will however from now on follow this method of using boiled potatoes as I needed less ghee and my cooking time also reduced).
4. In a thick kadhai heat the ghee add the jeera and let them blacken a bit. Add green chillies stir.
5. Now add the onion and fry till translucent. Next add the potatoes and stir till you get a lovely aroma. About 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
6. Next add the sabudana mixture. Stir well. Cover and let the whole thing stand on low flame for about 5 minutes or till the sabudana is cooked.
7. Garnish and serve hot.