The spicy and delicious condiment that peps up mealtimes! Simple to make Gun Powder Chutney uses flax seeds as one of the ingredients. How else do I feed the reluctant family flax seeds?
- 4 cups shell-shaped pasta
- ½ cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ¼ cup carrots julienned
- ¼ cup mushroom sliced fine
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 lime Juice
- 1 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup processed cheese, shredded
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp spring onion greens, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a thick bottomed kadhai/wok add the mushrooms and the cauliflower cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic, parsley, half of the lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Reserve about 3-4
- Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl pasta with the rest of the dressing.
- Drizzle some of the remaining dressing on top and sprinkle with the spring onion.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad and dressing separately up to 6 hours.
- Before serving to serve slightly chilled.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine