An easy sugar-syrup free Semolina Laddu recipe for a holiday treat! Rava Ladoos that you can enjoy as a snack or as a dessert.
Making a salad is a simple job but lazy me. I hardly make salads.
Salads are appreciated at my place so I should make them.
For the noisiest birthday, yes it’s my younger ones birthday I am talking about, noisy because she keeps on going on and on that it’s her birthday and she wants this and that. Keeps on changing her mind about this that becomes that in an instant, and makes me mad!
Anyway, we made this pasta and thinking not all my friends like pasta and the sauces that go with it I made this salad.
To say that the Pesto Rosso and this salad was a hit will not be an understatement. The least expected dishes became the empty ones much to my embarrassment.
Recipe Source: Foodnetwork
- 4 cups shell-shaped pasta
- ½ cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ¼ cup carrots julienned
- ¼ cup mushroom sliced fine
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup processed cheese, shredded
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon spring onion greens, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a thick bottomed kadhai/wok add the mushrooms and the cauliflower cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic, parsley, half of the lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Reserve about 3-4
- Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl pasta with the rest of the dressing.
- Drizzle some of the remaining dressing on top and sprinkle with the spring onion.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad and dressing separately up to 6 hours.
- Before serving to serve slightly chilled.
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine