An easy and multipurpose Coffee Rub Mix that makes great a starter, side or a filling for a wrap! Your Vegan friend will also relish great food at your Holiday Table too. Try it!
I love sweets and it was my staple diet until my marriage. Then since my family does not like them much I have started cutting down on them because it is lonely to eat sweets alone. But now I have found a perfect solution. Make them and carry them to work. Satisfying and my colleagues also eat some too!
Yesterday I remembered one sweet that Amma used to make and call MAledi. It used to be for our short break but before leaving for school we made it a point to eat some along with milk.
It can be made out of leftover chapatti but here I have made it out of fresh ones.
You will need
4 Chapattis, broken into fine pieces
1 tsp khus khus or poppy seeds
2 tblspn dry coconut, grated (I used only 1)
1 tblspn puthane
1 tblspn ghee
½ cup jaggery, grated (adjust as per taste)
3 cardamoms, peeled and powdered
1. Dry roast the coconut till a bit reddish. Transfer to a plate.
2. Dry roast the khus khus till bit reddish on low flame. Take care that it does not burn. Transfer to the plate of dry coconut.
3. Mix the puthane, cardamom powder, roasted khus khus and coconut.
4. In a kadhai/wok heat the ghee. On low flame add the grated jaggery. Stir gently.
5. When the jaggery bubbles on the sides of the kadhai/wok switch off the gas and mix all the ingredients.
6. Stir well till all the chapatti pieces are coated with the mix.
7. Apply a little water to your hands and make small laddoos of the mixture.
8. You can roll them in the some more coconut if you feel like it. As I had run out of it I have not.
I got 4 & ½ ladoos out of 4 chapattis well appreciated by my colleagues.