|Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze|
Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze was baked for my younger ones birthday, I wanted to order a cake for her.
Hubby and she were adamant that I should make the cake not order it.
Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze
- 2 cups Maida/APF
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 12 tbsp butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp cocoa dissolved in 1 ½ tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 ½ tbsp coffee dissolved in 2-3 tbsp water
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Grease an 8-inch bundt pan.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F/180⁰C.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, salt.
- Combine butter and sugar at medium speed till pale and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add the flour alternating with sour cream the last addition should be flour.
- Divide the flour into 3 parts.
- In one add cocoa mixture and mix well.
- in the second add the coffee and mix well.
- The third will remain as vanilla.
- In the bundt pan add a scoop of coffee, add vanilla, the add chocolate next to one another.
- Bang the pan on the counter 3-4 times to settle the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the cake come out clean.
- Transfer the mould to a wire rack for 10 minutes then unmould and transfer to a serving tray.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and let the cake cool completely before serving.
I will be happy if you can follow me onTwitter too!