Unable to set up a Hot Pot? Me too! So I made my soup in a Pan then doled it out! We loved the soup and well I am asked to repeat the recipe! Not a very easy thing in my place! Try it!
A slight change in the ingredients and method gave me such a delicious and soft rich marble cake quite unlike the once I have eaten in the past.
- 2 cups Maida/APF
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 12 tblspn butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 tblspn cocoa dissolved in 1 ½ tblspn hot water
- Grease an 8 inch pan.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F/180°C.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and soda, salt.
- Combine butter and sugar at medium speed till pale and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and beat well.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add the flour alternating with milk the last addition should be flour.
- Divide the flour in 2 parts.
- In one add cocoa mixture and mix well.
- The third will remain as vanilla.
- In the pan add vanilla batter the add chocolate next and with a knife mix the batter.
- Bang the pan on the counter 3-4 times to settle the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the cake come out clean.
- Transfer the mould to a wire rack for 10 minutes then unmould and cool.