A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
A slight change in the ingredients and method gave me such a delicious and soft rich marble cake quite unlike the once I have eaten in the past.
- 2 cups Maida/APF
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 12 tblspn butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 tblspn cocoa dissolved in 1 ½ tblspn hot water
- Grease an 8 inch pan.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F/180°C.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and soda, salt.
- Combine butter and sugar at medium speed till pale and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and beat well.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add the flour alternating with milk the last addition should be flour.
- Divide the flour in 2 parts.
- In one add cocoa mixture and mix well.
- The third will remain as vanilla.
- In the pan add vanilla batter the add chocolate next and with a knife mix the batter.
- Bang the pan on the counter 3-4 times to settle the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the cake come out clean.
- Transfer the mould to a wire rack for 10 minutes then unmould and cool.