Make your own indulgent Almost Ferrero Rocher Chocolate at home with our easy recipe. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
This is one dish that I enjoyed making.
Why? My daughters helped me, one of the few rare times when they came in willingly and helped me happily. This was my best Valentine gift from them both. Thanks Kiddos! I love you “gais” (in case you want to misunderstand I am talking about the cow)J.
This one is a Tarla Dalal recipe something that I had bookmarked long long ago. Need I say more?
By the way the recipe is doubled and it said 1 cup whipped cream I measured 2 cups of cream and then whipped it so I ended up with all this delicious mousse which was lovingly filled in glasses by the girls. Most of the pics are by the younger kid. & hence I did not delete any of the pictures and you have to dekho all of them!!
Let’s get down to it then.
For the muesli base
½ cup grated dark chocolate
1 ½ cup Honey Loops (the original recipe called for cornflakes)
½ cup chopped nuts
For the mocha mousse
10 grams agar agar blended top a smooth powder
1 cup water
3 tblsp vanilla custard powder
1 cup milk
3 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1 cup grated dark chocolate
2 cup whipped cream
12 tblsp sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Dark chocolate grated
1. Melt the chocolate over gentle heat stirring constantly.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Press this mixture evenly on an 8”diameter loose bottomed cake tin.
4. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep aside.
For the mocha mousse
1. Dissolve the agar agar in water and cook over gentle heat stirring continuously till the agar agar dissolve completely. Remove from flame and keep aside.
2. In a deep thick bottomed kadhai/wok add custard powder, milk, coffee powder and chocolate. Mix well and bring to boil stirring continuously.
3. Add agar agar solution, mix well and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from flame and keep aside.
4. In a big bowl combine the whipped cream, sugar and vanilla essence and fold gently.
5. Add the chocolate mix and mix gently.
6. Pour the custard mix over the prepared muesli base and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse sets.
7. Serve chilled garnished with chocolate curls and drizzle chocolate sauce on top (I did not).