A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
Thanks, Veena for this delicious recipe.
- 4 cups raw rice
- 1 cup urid dal
- ½ cup sago/sabudana
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp cooking soda (optional)
- Wash the rice and urid dal.soak them for 12 hours.
- Wash the sago and soak them in lots of water. I had approximately 1 ½
cups water on the sago in leave it again for 12 hours.
- Grind the dal, rice and the sago to a fine paste.
- Leave it to ferment for about 8-12 hours.
- Add the salt and soda if using. Mix well and steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with sambhar and chutney.
Linking to Come join us for breakfast.