A chutney made with Tender Tamarind Leaves Pachadi Recipe is simply delicious. Also called Chintha Chiguru Tokkuthis spicy and sour chutney tastes great with just about anything. Try it with not just idli, dosa but with bhakri and chapati even steamed rice. Try it!
Every year in the beginning of summer I empty my freezer to make space. For every summer I start making the much awaited dessert!!
Thanks to my friend Vidya I have a foolproof method of cooling down.
Here is what you will need for the base.
½ litre high fat milk
1 ½ tblspn corn flour
1 ½ tblspn GMS powder
1/8 sp alginet powder ( a pinch)
8 tblspn sugar
3 tblspn milk powder
1. Mix all the ingredients in a kadhai/wok.
2. Heat on low flame till it boils stirring constantly with a slotted spoon (this step is most important).
3. Cool and set in the freezer.
4. Your base is ready.
For the ice cream:
½ tsp essence
¼ tsp colour
½ cup cream
1. Take a big vessel and add all the ingredients.
2. With the beater start beating the base .
3. Take care to turn the vessel in one direction only.
4. The volume of the ice cream increases. To give you a rough idea, for I never measure I had about 2 litres of ice cream.
Serve with any sauce of your choice, nuts, and fruits!!
P.S. For chocolate base add 2 tblspn cocoa and 1/8 spoon coffee. While whipping use 1/4 tsp chocolate essence.