Ghuguni Recipe checks all the boxes for me. It is vegan, gluten-free, protein-rich and easy to make. A simple side dish that can be served as a snack too. Try making this yum curry and you will fall in love with it!
In my place, during the monsoon and winter, I start with revitalizing Ginger Tea in Milk.
Adrak wali Chai gives the much-needed warmth and eases an itchy throat if you have one and wakes you up. In an Indian household generally, the day begins with tea or coffee.
- Why Tea?
- Why am I talking about Ginger Tea today?
- Adrak wali Chai ingredients
- How to make Alyacha Chaha Tea with milk
- Tips to make a good Sunthi Chaha
- Benefits of Adrak Chai
- Recipe Card
- Pin for Later
In India especially in the North tea people unwind, relax and socialise with Tea.
You can expect a refreshing cup of tea or coffee offered to you. One of these beverages and some chivda or/and biscuits you can chat with your guests.
Have tea after a busy day, in Offices, the canteen will serve tea at your table. In my office The day the Canteen Contractor made Ginger Tea his sales used to shoot up!
Monsoon has now made up its mind not to retreat. So it has been pouring and has become a bit cooler. I know that sounds strange in my hot and humid climes but we are not
sweating sorry I have to say perspiring and that itself is enough to be grateful about and enjoy small pleasures like this ginger tea.
Adrak chai is simple to make and is ready in 15 minutes. In the morning by the time I return from the bathroom say 5-10 minutes, the water in which I add grated fresh ginger is simmering. Add sugar, tea powder and milk your perfect Cuppa is ready!
- Water: Use 1 ½ to 2 times the volume of tea.
- Ginger: Fresh ginger grated, minced or crushed.
- Sugar: Use sugar or jaggery to sweeten your tea.
- Milk: Use full-fat milk. I skim the milk off the cream and add it to tea.
- In a pan add the ginger and water. Let it boil for a while. I let it sit on low gas and boil it down to half.
- Add sugar and let the sugar dissolve.
- Add the tea powder and let it come to a boil.
- Add milk and let it boil. Strain and serve invigorating Alle cha Caha.
- No problems you can avoid milk altogether or add honey, lemon, mint to the tea.
- The option of adding any plant-based milk such as soy milk, almond milk or cashew milk.
- Fresh Ginger root is what I will recommend making this tea.
- Use dried ginger powder (soonth Powder) if you do not have fresh ginger. But the taste is different from ginger tea.
- If you want a stronger tea, add more ginger to the boiling water.
- You can always add heated milk to the tea in your cup. Or add milk to the same pot of water, ginger and tea. well. Let the mixture boil well before you add milk or the milk to curdle.
- If you plan to use jaggery to sweeten the tea do not add milk in the boiling tea.
- The quantity of milk you can add to suit your preferences. Remember Strong tea = lesser milk.
- Try adding lemongrass to your boiling water along with ginger. This lemongrass, ginger tea is very much recommended when you have a cold.
- I do not like adding chai masala to my tea if you like it ad a few pinches. Likewise, add green elichi/cardamom. These days I am adding cloves and cinnamon powder to my tea.
- Having said all this Use the tea leaves that are of good quality. My regular brands of tea I will link up.
- Strain the tea well, small flecks of the tea powder or grated ginger will reduce your enjoyment of Tea.
- You might also like other such beverages such as – Kahwa,
- Ginger a rhizome is beneficial for health. It contains magnesium, Vitamin C and minerals.
- A remedy for cold and cough is ginger or soonth dried ginger.
Like always moderation is the key to enjoying
So what are you waiting for? It is pouring so make some adrak wali chai right now.
Adrak wali Chai Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 inch ginger grated
- 2 tsp tea leaves
- 4 tbsp milk
- Heat water in a pan with the grated ginger.
- I generally boil it down to half then add sugar. Let it dissolve.
- Add tea powder and bring it to boil.
- Add milk and let it boil for a minute or two.
- Strain and serve garam garam chai.