An easy and multipurpose Coffee Rub Mix that makes great a starter, side or a filling for a wrap! Your Vegan friend will also relish great food at your Holiday Table too. Try it!
|Vendakai Melugu Peretti or Spicy Fried Okra|
In my search for the Blogging Marathon recipes I think all my bookmarks
had reached an all time low and I was very happy.
Magzine.” Needless to say this yummy dish will feature on my menu regularly!
Vendakai Melugu Peretti or Spicy Fried Okra
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 dry red chillies
- 250 grms (7-8) small onions
- 50 ml coconut oil ( I used about
3 tblspn of rice bran oil)
- Mustard seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 500 grms ladyfinger or okra, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp amchoor powder (optional)
- Grind the cumin and red chilli to a coarse paste add a little oil and
re run the mixer.
- Add the onions and crush to make a rough paste. Add salt.
- Heat the oil; crackle the mustard and the curry leaves.
- Add the onion mixture and lady finger.
- Mix well. Check for seasonings.
- Cook covered till the lady fingers are tender.
- Here I digressed from the recipe and added ½ tsp of amchoor powder to
get rid of the sticky look.
- Serve with rotis.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!