The spicy and delicious condiment that peps up mealtimes! Simple to make Gun Powder Chutney uses flax seeds as one of the ingredients. How else do I feed the reluctant family flax seeds?
Sakhar Bhat/ Kesar Bhat/Sweetened Rice Pulao Indian Style is an Indian Delicacy. Cooked on Festive Occasions it demonstrates the Versatile nature of Rice.
I adore sweets sadly I cannot say the same about the rest of my family members. They are sweet-haters, not all sweets mind you chocolates, ice cream, kaju katli welcome but come up with something like Sakhar Bhat it’s a definite no-no.
But I have a blog baby to feed and a hungry Archana who needs sweets to pep her up. Especially with the maid not there… The girls help but I cannot say do this and walk out!! In the honour of the maid here is an ode…
O my Lady Maid how much I take you for granted!!!
I beg a thousand apologies!
Please do not take your holiday yet again in a long time to come!!!
Anyway, I am sure you have heard about Sakhar Bhat its very common in Goan Cuisine, Karnataka Cuisine and Maharashtrian cuisine.
This was a delicious and mild Sakahar Bhat you can add more sugar if you feel like but I loved it as it is.
Linking it to my Rice and its Versatile uses
Sakhar Bhat/ Kesar Bhat/Sweetened Rice Pulao Indian Style
A mildly sweetened rice that is delicious and easy to make.
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 tablespoons Ghee
- ½ cup Sugar
- A Few Strands Kesar/Saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- A Few Cloves
- A Few Cashew nuts
- Wash and drain the rice. Set aside to dry.
- Heat the ghee, add the cashew nuts fry and set aside.
- In the same ghee add the cloves.
- The cloves become fragrant add the rice and stir fry till the rice becomes a little golden.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook the rice.
- Once the rice is cooked add the sugar, cashew nuts Kesar, cardamom.
- Close with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- I have made the rice mildly sweet.
- Also, I completed forgot to add cashew nuts please do remember to add them. You can also add almonds and pistachios!!