My daughters are Harry Potter fans. When the younger kid, Akanksha turned 11 we threw her a HP party. You can check it out more here.
For the non-Hp fans, Pumpkin Juice is one of the drinks that Harry and his fellow witches and wizards drink like you I drink orange juice; the other is butter beer or tea. They even have a course where they try reading tea leaves!! 🙂
Coming back to the party… one of our drinks was Pumpkin juice (the other was butter beer)!
Not long before I had hosted a Kids Delight Theme on Storybook Special and had been wondering how I am going to make this brew! But Apeksha, my elder daughter and my encyclopedia on HP searched for the recipes and bookmarked them all! One of the sites she had used was Wiki How To and my Pumpkin Juice is from here today!
Is it not apt to start the month long Blogging marathon with a welcome drink? So sip along as you cruise with me and my friends for this month with exciting recipes for all on different themes. This week you will see us sharing recipes under the “Theme Occasions” and like most moms my recipes are birthday party dishes.
Now for Pumpkin Juice
When I served pumpkin juice most of us (me too) were skeptical I was even asked “ lal Bhopla ga? Amhi share karu!” Translated “Red pumpkin? We will share between us! “ J The same couples came back for seconds and were praising the drink! In fact I ran out of pumpkin juice… and as I had not expected it to be such a hit I was not prepared!
The making of this drink is simple Collect the following:
- 500 grms pumpkin chunks, skin removed
- 1 liters can apple juice
- Honey( adjust as per taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ginger (optional)
- Use a juicer if you have one and Juice the pieces of pumpkin. or else use your blender and strain the juice in a muslin cloth.
- Mix the pumpkin juice and apple juice and stir thoroughly.
- Add a small amount of honey, and blend it thoroughly.
- Add the cinnamon powder and stir well, make sure there is no hidden cache of the powder hiding in the bottom.
- Pour the juice into suitable mugs/cups and refrigerate for as long as possible.
- Serve chilled, but try to avoid putting ice in as if it melts the juice will be diluted and the taste spoils slightly.
Linking to Summer Splash an event at Sizzling Tastebuds
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!