This Moong Sprouts And Spinach Baked Khaman Dhokla is the healthier version of Khaman.Traditionallt this fluffy and spongy snack is made with gram flour, yogurt, spinach, sprouts and aromatic spices and herbs is steamed and is a crowd-pleaser. Baking reduces the oil used and it a guilt-free healthier option. Tangy and mildly sweet flavor, Khaman is a quick snack or a party appetizer. Make and enjoy the authentic Gujarati snack.
Hand Whipped Dalgona Coffee
Dalonga Coffee is a new trend in Coffee and is named after a South Korean toffee Dalonga, a sugary confectionary.
The other day I happened to read in my Google news about Dalgona Coffee. I had never heard about it and was quite sceptical about.
Will the coffee will thicken or taste good was my doubt.
Whipped Coffee is simple to make and the ingredients were at hand I tried it! And Love it!
How I wish I had taken pictures of the coffee sitting on chilled Almond Milk. Now we have a curfew and I am rationing out some items like milk. Once the curfew is lifted I will make it yet again and share pictures. I took the pictures!
But the reason I am posting now is that today the group Healthy Wealthy Cuisine. Today for #83 CoolColors suggested by Sasmita. Here are the member shares. Shalu Jain's Pineapple Mint Mojito, Preethi's Mint Mojito Mocktail(with Coconut Pulp), Jayashree's Revitaliser, Swathi's Mango and Passion Fruit Iced Tea,Sujata's Orange Grape Juice with Fresh Turmeric Mint and Lemon, Narmadha's Pineapple Juice.
I need refreshing drinks I will opt for Beetroot Lassi, Mango Lemonade, Pankam, Bael Ka Sharbat. But hubby and Father in law will prefer Taak, Tender Coconut Falooda. The girls will love it if I serve them Coke or Cranberry Sangria virgin, of course, their favourite was this Twilight! They read the Twilight series and anything with the name was acceptable.
So let us head back to Dalonga Coffee also called Whipped Coffee and check out a few things, like
- What coffee do I use?
- How is Dalonga coffee made?
- How do I whip the coffee?
- How do I serve Dalonga Coffee?
- Recipe Card
- Variations in Chilled Drinks
- Pin for Later
What coffee do I use?
You can use any fancy coffee powder like espresso, caramel I used plain old Nescafe.
How is Dalonga coffee made?
The coffee is made thick by whipping instant coffee, sugar and hot water.
How do I whip the coffee?
In a small bowl/cup add the ingredients. Use your spoon or fork and start whipping up the mixture. Very soon you will find it thickening up.
If you have an electric beater you can use it but the Cappuccino beater/frothier is of no use while beating the mixture up.
How do I serve Dalonga Coffee?
- Once the coffee thickens you can be top it on chilled milk. Since the coffee mixture is light and airy it sits on top of the milk layer.
- Any plant-based milk okay as is regular milk.
- You can also like my daughter did mix it in hot water amazing filter coffee tasting coffee.
- Or make a cappuccino or a latte with it.
- I have hence topped the Dalonga Coffee to ice cubes and shaken it up.
Whatever is your method the coffee is as delicious as it looks.
I will prefer to make the Dalgona coffee early in the morning when no one is around as beating the coffee will be quite soothing.
- Instant Coffee: use any instant coffee. I have used Nescafe.
- Sugar: I am using regular cane sugar. You can try brown sugar.
- Water: Use hot water to mix the ingredients.
- Milk: Chilled milk, I generally buy milk with 6% fat and skim the cream away.
- Try regular toned milk or skimmed milk.
- Ice Cubes: Definitely recommend using ice cubes. Maybe next time I will try adding some fruit or petals to the ice.
- Add chilled milk in a glass.
- Add ice and set in the refrigerator till needed.
- Add the coffee, sugar and hot water to a cup or bowl.
- Beat well. The coffee will thicken and lighten up.
- When the mixture is so thick and frothy that it takes a lot of time to drop from the spoon it is ready to use.
- Top the glass with the coffee mixture.
- Stir as needed
Easy Whipped Coffee
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- ½ glass cold milk or water
- ice cubes as required
- In a small cup or bowl add the coffee, sugar and water.
- Combine coffee, hot water and sugar in a bowl with a spoon to beat the mixture fast.
- The mixture will start thickening in about 3-4 minutes depending on how fast you beat it. It should be thick and frothy.
- In a glass add milk(if using) add the ice cubes too.
- Top up with ice cubes. Spoon the coffee mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Variations for Chilled Drinks:
- Iced Green tea with Orange and Mint
- Ginger Peach Iced Tea
- Iced Chai Saffron Latte
- Iced Chocolate Coffee
I am a coffee person, and loved your version of handwhipped coffee!! So refreshing and inviting!! Perfect for hot summers evenings.
😀 I have been drinking this Coffee since the day I made it. Need to stop.
Sujata Roy says
Loved this chilled frothy coffee Archana. I love coffee but never tried this dalgona coffee. Now waiting for summer to try it.
Try, Sujata you will love it.
Preethi Prasad says
Hand whipped cold coffee is perfect for all coffee lovers during summers. Dalgona is the new trend these days. Looks super tempting Archana.
Mina Joshi says
I love coffee so this sounds exciting. You make it sound as though it's easy to make. It sounds amazing that it froths uo so well.
It is Mina. Try it.
Shobha Keshwani says
This coffee has suddenly become viral. I have been making it since I was a kid.Your post is nice with detailed explaination
Mireille E Roc says
I am usually a black coffee drinker but this thing has taken the world by storm and I have to try it at least once to see if I will like it:)
Even in chilled water, it is amazing Mir. Do try.
Shailender Sharma says
Dalgona coffee has taken the internet at storm. Have made it number of times (though not named it dalgona) but never tried the chilled version. Will try for sure.
Tag me when you do. I will love to see your pictures.
Lata Lala says
Aha .... Good to see Dalgona, the coffee, which isviral and sensation nowadays. I have been making this since years and live this.
Wow, perfectly made Dalgona coffee Archana. This is such a trendy drink now and your coffee is looking so inviting.
Sandhya Nadkarni says
This coffee is quite the rage right now, right? I am not a coffee drinker but your drool worthy photos are making me want some 🙂
Mayuri Patel says
I tried Dalgona Coffee at home last week and added cocoa powder too. Though I didn't get the high foam, the mixture was light and airy and sat so pretty on the cold milk. Its a perfect summer drink. Did you also serve it on iced tea? Looks so pretty.
No, I wanted to try it but was thinking maybe I should not. Your suggestion shows that we are great minds...
I guess we all have to go with the flow and try new trends. Your hand-whipped dalgona looks so creamy and tasty.
Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey says
Perfectly made delicious dalgona coffee, easy and refreshing, a lovely recipe for kids to try it out.
Jayashree T.Rao says
This is ideal for the present situation, we too made this recently and enjoyed it. Dalgona is the recent trend.
The latest craze is this Dalgona Coffee. I also made it last week and it was super yummy. Yours is looking so refreshing and inviting.
Yes, this is the recent trend 🙂
And you have made perfectly. Loved this chilled frothy coffee in summer hot days !
I have been seeing Dalgona coffee been storming in the internet and now I got the recipe. The dalgona coffee looks fabulous.
Perfect for coffee loving people. I too made this seeing all pictures revolving over the internet. Yours looks so delicious.