An easy and multipurpose Coffee Rub Mix that makes great a starter, side or a filling for a wrap! Your Vegan friend will also relish great food at your Holiday Table too. Try it!
It’s called Undi haba or Jhokali haba, haba being festival undi is ladoos and jhokali is swings!
Yes it is a festival of ladoos and swings!!
There is shenga undi (peanut ladoos), yellu undi (til ladoos), rava undi (rava ladoos), besan undi (gram flour ladoos), churmuri undi (puffed rice ladoos) and then there are swings put out on trees and so its jhokali haba. Preparations for the festival begin well in advance chakali/kadboli, chatnipudi and ladoos of course.
In this day the snake is worshiped and people go to the snake hills and in case you live in urban areas then the picture or a model of the snake is worshipped.
On this day the married girls visit their maternal homes and are gifted with saris and these ladoos.
One of the ladoos made in this season is Tambit. It is standard in all houses.
What I am writing about today is about Tambit! Now Pappa knows I will not be coming home nor will my sister so he makes a parcel of these gifts and sends them across!!!
Yes these are not what I have made they are professionally made and gifted to me by my father.
- 1 cup of puthne/ roasted gram
- 1 cup jaggery
- ½ cup ghee+ more if required
- 2 tblspn dry coconut
- 2 tblspn til
- 2 tblspn khus khus
- 1 tsp elichi/cardamom
- Put the puthane in a mixer and grind it to a fine powder. Sieve it. Measure it this. This has to be one cup.
- Mix puthane, dry coconut, til, khus khus and elichi/cardamom powder.
- In a thick bottomed kadhai/wok add the ghee and the jaggery. Heat on low flame. When it bubbles at the edges remove from flame.
- Mix all the ingredients. Quickly make balls but they need to be flat on top.
- In case the dough becomes dry add some hot ghee.
Since the whole thing dries fast it’s better to make the dough if it may be called so in small batches.
This is a part of Blogging Marathon where are blogging with alphabets.
In this series of blogging with alphabets here is what I have already blogged about.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then a big Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me onTwitter too!