An easy sugar-syrup free Semolina Laddu recipe for a holiday treat! Rava Ladoos that you can enjoy as a snack or as a dessert.
These old fashioned soft oatmeal cookies are easy to make and thick and delicious.
You can load them with cranberries, raisins and chocolate chips just in case your kids want to say no!
Quick, easy but healthy that is what I look for in my recipes. Does this tick the boxes on your checklist too? Glad to meet you, my friends. Let me introduce myself…
Hello, and welcome I am known as The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen, Reinventing the Foodie in you!
Tired of choosing between tasty or healthy meals? No more! Here at the Mad Scientist’s Kitchen, I experiment with flavours and cuisines that are as nutritional as they are delicious.
Join me in my lab as we cook up some treats! You can stay up-to-date with my latest culinary adventures by subscribing to my newsletter. No scam, no spam, just the clink of my pots and pans!
I will love you to follow me on:
These perfect oatmeal chip cookies are my answer to my kids refusing to eat oatmeal. I made cookies with quick rolled oats, butter, and sugar and they are the perfect answer to those 11 pm snack times or even 4 pm snacks.
In the basic recipe, you can add in other ingredients that you may have in your pantry from cranberries to raisins, nuts, seeds. You can also add some cinnamon too for the extra oomph. Whatever you add, remember that you have the “bestest” oatmeal cookies! (According to the girls)
Have you tried my chocolate chip cookies recipe? These were made by my daughter when I was not at home. I almost had a heart attack when I saw her handicraft she was small. But, I still love them and will ask her to make them for us.
Because it is
- Can be made ahead and stored
So let us get down to making these yum cookies!
Oatmeal cookies are made with very basic ingredients.
- Salted Butter, softened
- Brown Sugar + Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Baking powder
- Truti fruti
- You can also add cinnamon, raisins, nuts, chocolate chips as per your choice.
- If you need eggless cookies replace the eggs with ½ cup of yogurt.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl cream the butter and sugar till nice and creamy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla essence.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients. Add any extras like chooclate chips 😀
- Chill the mix for 30-60 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F) for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool before transferring to the cooling rack.
- The baked oatemeal cookies stay good in an air tight container for about a week.
- You can also store teh baked cookies in the freezer for upto a 3 months.
- The unbaked cookie dough can be stored for about 2 months. Store them as the cookie balls. Bake them directly in the pre-heated oven for an extra minute to make up for thawing.
- To keep the cookies soft bake for 8-10 minutes or till the edges become brown.
- Cool a bit for say 5 minutes before transferring to the wire rack to cool complete.
Soft Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Hand-Held Beater
- Baking tray
- Airtight Container
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 pinches baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup raisins optional
- Cherries a few optional
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter and the sugars in another bowl. You can do this manually but go easy on yourself and use a hand or stand mixer. Cream till nice and smooth, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs, beat for a minute. Add vanilla and mix for half a minute.
- Add the dry ingredients to this wet mixture and combine on low with the hand mixer.
- Add any extras you wish like chocolate chips etc. Beat on low speed. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease moulds, cookie sheets or use a Silpat.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie press in the cherry or trutti fruti cut in two pieces.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can add cinnamon, raisins, nuts, chocolate chips.
- To make these cookies eggless substitute eggs with ½ cup of yogurt.
I am updating this post as I had posted on 7th April 2015 with new pictures and rewritten the post again for SEO purposes.
This is an old post that I am updating with newer pictures and write up as a part of the group Foodies_RedoingOld Post.