Ghuguni Recipe checks all the boxes for me. It is vegan, gluten-free, protein-rich and easy to make. A simple side dish that can be served as a snack too. Try making this yum curry and you will fall in love with it!
I baked Caramelitas for the Blogging Marathon Meet#75 when we were to make cookies. I had in mind these Oreos but since my kitchen was to get some makeover I had to shelve my elaborate plan. I needed some cookies that were simple and yummy. Caramelitas with oats, nuts and chocolate not to mention caramel sauce or dulce de leche fit the bill to the T.
I like to think they are healthy enough to suit a person on diet.
These are the changes I made:
- The original recipe calls for a 12*12 inch pan. Since I cannot dream of that big a pan to fit in my oven I went ahead and made the full batch of the oats mixture and used my 8-inch pan. The balance I used a 6 cup muffin pan to make for folks at home as they had not got a taste of the cookies just the smell.
- Also, the unsalted butter and salt got replaced with my trusted Amul butter.
- 2 Cups Oats
- 2 Cups Maida/APF
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Cup Butter melted
- 1 1/4 Cups ¼ Cups Dark chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup Cup almonds and cashew nuts lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup Caramel sauce or dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/180°C.
- Line is a 12x12 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, flour, baking powder, sugar in a bowl.
- Add the butter and mix well. Divide the mixture in two.
- Spread one part of the mixture in the prepared pan.
- Press out well and evenly with a spoon or like did with a katori /bowl.
- Bake in for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove and sprinkle the chocolate and nuts evenly over the surface.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce evenly over the top.
- Take care and spread the oats mixture on the top and press lightly again with the spoon or bowl.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave in a pan to cool completely, cut into bars and serve.
These are the other cookies recipes you might like Easy Sugar Drop Cookies, Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies, Samo Rice Savoury Cookies/ Varya che Tikhat Biscuit, Gingerbread Cookies, Soft Oatmeal Cookies,Ultimate Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies, Egg-less Buttery Cookies, Eggless Wheat Cookies,Eggless Oats Cookies, Eggless Cookies, Karachi Cookies, Benne Wafers, Kourabiethes, Torcettini Saint Vincent, Cheese Crackers.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!