Surprise guests are expected in an Indian family! So this lemony mushroom pulao is the quick fix rice recipe you need in your arsenal.
Very hungry? Need something fast?
What you need is an easy and simple recipe that is but a tasty treat? Then these Sugar Drop Cookies are for you!
Try them once and you are hooked!
One bowl, a whisk or a fork and 2 teaspoons are all you need to drop these goodies on the baking tray. Simple no rolling, cutting and no messy cleanup needed! Some of my earlier cookie recipes are Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies, Samo rice Savoury Cookies.
Today as a part of the Blogging Marathon I am very excited as the Marathon is very very close to its 75th innings! We as usual plan something in Delhi!!
Let us see there is love in the air Valentine is fast approaching have any plans for the day? I tried to make a list of all the chocolate recipes I have and got so hungry that I abandoned the job temporarily.
So I decided to make sugar drop cookies hence the intro.
Anyway this week in BM I am participating in Ingredient through Mail and my partner is Amara. This was the parcel she sent me!
As we were chatting she happened to say that she likes my bakes so I wanted to, of course, show off. Anyway, I had my eye on her Sugar Cookies but when it came to baking them I could not find it. By now I was irritable so just did what I remember and I think they have turned out good. Only wished I had a brighter colour to add to the sugar.
Sugar Drop Cookies
- ¼ Cup Butter Softened
- ½ +¼ Cups Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 +½ Cups Maida/APF
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- A pinch of colour
- Beat the butter, sugar egg, sour cream and vanilla essence till fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Sieve in the baking powder, baking soda and maida and mix well. The mixture comes together immediately.
- Transfer the dough to the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before baking preheat the oven at 190C. Mix the colour and sugar.
- Drop the spoonful of dough on the greased baking tray. Sprinkle with the coloured sugar and press lightly on the dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes or the till edges at the bottom get brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and transfer to an air-tight box.
Wait for tomorrow to see more of the Bakes I have for you girls.
Hi! First time here?
You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!