Creamy Moutabel also called Mutabal is part of the Middle East Cuisine is made from Roasted Eggplant. A delicious way to add in your family’s diet aubergine a very healthy but much-disliked vegetable. Serve it as a part of Mezze Platter or for the Tailgating you host next?
Also I forgot to take pictures of the pound cake and the cake also in my setup. So this is what you will get for I do not think I will be making this shape again.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus additional for buttering pan
- 1 ½ cups sifted cake flour, sifted before measuring plus additional for dusting
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 and 1/2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Generously butter pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess flour, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Once you sifted the homemade cake flour for 5 times, then add salt and sift together once again. If using cake flour then you need to sift only 3 times.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or 6 to 8 minutes with a handheld mixer.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add half of flour, then all of cream, then remaining flour, mixing well after each addition.
- Scrape down side of bowl, and then beat at medium-high speed 5 minutes. Batter will become creamier and satiny.
- Transfer the batter into pan and tap the pan against work surface once or twice to eliminate air bubbles.
- Place pan in pre- heated oven at 150°C/302°F.
- Bake until golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in middle of cake comes out with a few crumbs adhering.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around inner and outer edges of cake, and then invert cake onto rack to cool completely.