An easy sugar-syrup free Semolina Laddu recipe for a holiday treat! Rava Ladoos that you can enjoy as a snack or as a dessert.
Delicious Homemade Soft Cheese Bread with Cheddar and Goat Cheese and Herbs is the yummiest bread.
Bread is a special request from my girls especially the elder one. Every time she comes home she asks for bread. Can you believe she asked me for bread for her birthday?
Like I said I love the new stuff and hate repeating the recipes but some bread like this one I will need no excuse to redo as the options for the stuffing can keep changing and it is delicious.
For #bread bakers today our Host Sue who blogs at Platable Pastime has chosen a theme as cheese bread. sue hasa beautiful site where I am eyeing some of her delicious bread like Savoury Almond Meal bread.
Coming to the cheese bread this one certainly topped in my search. What attracted to the unique way the loaf is shaped. The bread is yeasted bread and can be apparently frozen (if the girls leave it alone as in my case). The best part is that the stuffing’s are your choice, some of the options are
- Parmesan cheese and herbs,
- Pesto and sun-dried tomatoes
- Garlic and coriander chutney( my favourite Indian flavours)
- Spanish Romesco Sauce
This bread is great as a sandwich or toasted with soup, pasta. Next time I am going to try r to raise the dough overnight in the refrigerator.
I have halved the ingredients and tried making 2 mini bread but I suggest you make only one if you are going to follow Jennifer ’s method of shaping the bread. Do have a look at the video before you make it.
The other Bread that may interest you are
- Lucky Horseshoe Shaped Stuffed Bread #BreadBakers
- Yeasted Orange Cake #Bread Bakers
- Siddu /Sidu Steamed Bread for #BreadBakers
- Chole Kulcha Delhi Style~Street Food #BreadBakers
- Savoury Kugelhopf #BreadBakers
- Brazilian Cheese Bread by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Buttermilk Cheddar Quick Bread by Food Above Gold
- Caramelized Onion and Cheese Bread by Ambrosia
- Cheddar Beer Bread Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cheese Babka by Passion Kneaded
- Easy Cheesy Pull Apart Rolls by I Camp In My Kitchen
- Irish Cheddar Scone with Scallions by Baking Sense
- Mexican Cornbread Waffles by Food Lust People Love
- Mini Chilli Cheese Parathas by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Pancakes Huancaina by The Schizo Chef
- Spicy Cheese Bread by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Stuffed Mini Cheese Chicken Burger Buns by Sneha’s Recipe
- Wholemeal Cheese Bombs by Cook with Renu
- Vanilla-Mascarpone Popovers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Homemade Cheese Bread
For the Bread:
- 6 ½ cups maida/ APF
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 5 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup Water lukewarm
- 1 cup Buttermilk lukewarm
- ½ cup Milk lukewarm
- 1-½ tablespoon instant yeast
- ¼ cup Oil
Cheddar and Herb :
- 2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup goat cheese grated
- ½ cup herbs I used parsley and garlic
- ½ cup Butter at room temperature
- Set aside 1 cup of flour.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, sugar and yeast together.
- In a bowl add the water and buttermilk, oil and add to the flour.
- Knead with your hand the dough.
- Add more flour or water, as you need and knead until the dough is soft and smooth but not sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes, then form dough into a ball.
- Lightly oil a bowl and place the dough in it.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to sit in a corner at room temperature until doubled in size say about 60 minutes.
- Grease 2 loaf pans the recommended is 8 inches by 4 inches. I used a cookie tray.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal pieces.
- Dust one of the pieces with flour( keep the other one covered) roll out with a rolling pin into a rectangle about 10inches by 16 inches.
- Spread ½ the butter on the rolled out rectangle sprinkle with ½ the herbs.
- Spread the ½ the cheese evenly on the dough.
- With the shortest end roll the dough into a cylinder and don’t forget to pinch the seam together.
- Take a sharp knife and cut the roll lengthwise. Do not cut through the dough.
- Rotate each piece so that the cut sides are facing upward and place them side-by-side.
- Pinch together the farthest end.
- My dough got over here but continue crisscrossing until you reach the end keeping the cut sides up as much as possible.
- Using a bench scraper lift the dough into the greased loaf pan.
- Do the same with the other log.
- Cover with a greased plastic wrap and allow to rise until the dough rises to about 1-inch above the side of the pans in the middle. About 45 minutes
- Towards the end say about 30 after kept for rising preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes if the bread browns fast then tent it with a piece of aluminium foil.
- The bread should sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool in the pans for about 10 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of the bread.
- Carefully transfer the loves to a cooling rack.
- The loves need to cool for at least 1 -½ hour before slicing.
The other breads you may like are:
- Braided Easter Bread
- Lucky Horseshoe Shaped Stuffed Bread
- Honey Oatmeal Applesauce Bread
- Hokkaido Milk Bread with Tangzhong