The Goan Style Sukhi Potato Bhaji recipe is a no-onion,no-garlic vegetable not dry nor is it runny. It is just right for you to scoop it up with buns or pav.
Corn Upit is my memory of childhood where my mom made it as a filling but healthy snack.
As a child, I have stayed in rented places always. Pappa used to be transferred after every 3 years and we used to shift bases. I love that life too. It was new friends, new beginnings and a new house.
One such house I remember when I was small we had a lot of garden place we had marigold (my rapt students who used see the end of my stick if they did not pay attention to teacher J ) and we had corn planted, there were groundnuts too but then some creature ate them up at night. Must have been rats.
Anyway, we had had a bumper crop of corn and Amma had made Corn Upit. I do not remember how that tasted but I remember Amma and the maid sitting and grating corn.
It must have made an impression for when I choose corn as my theme one of the thoughts was Corn Upit.
To remove corn kernels from the cob check here.
The other corn dishes that may interest you are
- Savoury Corn Fitters from New Zealand
- Corn n Rice with Greens cooked North East Indian Style~Indian State Meghalaya
- Corn and Coriander Panki n Methia Keri ~Indian State Gujarat
- Sweet Corn Soup
- Steamed Corn
- Palak Paneer, Peas Palak or Corn Palak
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 ½ cups corn kernels
- 4 onions, chopped fine
- 5 green chillies
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 carrot chopped fine
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Hing
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice
- Spring onion greens to garnish
- The first step is to boil the corn. Pressure cook in the cooker with sufficient water for minimum 2-3 whistles. (In Futura approximately 4-5 minutes after you lower the flame ) allow the cooker to cool naturally.
- Next coarsely crush the grain in the mixer with 2-3 chillies. Since the curry leaves adorn the edges of the plates at home I added them in the mixer and pulsed it with the corn.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a kadhai/wok, add the mustard let it splutter, add hing, green chillies, turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Add the onion and fry till translucent.
- Next add the carrots, peas and stir fry till it changes colour add the crushed corn, salt. Stir-fry well.
- Cook covered for 4-5 minutes. Switch off the gas and let it stand covered for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with lemon juice.
- You can add capsicum, cauliflower also as veggies.
- This can be used as a filling for cutlets too but I will spice it up a bit and add cheese to it. Droooool.
Linking this to
Hi! First time here?
Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!