Last Updated on
Hubby loves corn, boil it, roast it any fashion he loves it. As a snack or as a meal, a side dish or main one he is game. So one of the first soups I learnt to make after marriage was Sweet Corn Soup.
There was a time when soup meant Sweet corn Soup. Now the alliance has shifted to Manchow Soup, Lung Fung etc. so there I have new soups that I have to learn.
The other day I had 3 sick people on my hands, cold, fever and running noses. If that was not enough there were complaints that the throat is itching. So I decided to make soup.
Anything? The devil in me smiled after all there was a Blogging Marathon coming up and I had chosen corn as my themes. In a corn dish falls in your lap so unexpectedly what do you do?
Exactly make Sweet Corn Soup!
Well then you will need the following
- 1 tin sweet corn cream style
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 florets cauliflower, chopped
- ½ capsicum, finely chopped
- ½ cup cabbage
- ½ tblspn butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tblspn corn flour and about 1/4 cup water
- ¼ cup milk (optional)
- Heat the butter and oil on low flame. Add the garlic and fry till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the onion and fry till translucent. Set aside.
- Meanwhile empty the sweet corn cream style tin of corn in another container.
- Add 1 ½ tin of water and mix well. Add the onions and garlic.
- Heat the container on medium flame stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture comes to boil add the carrots, cauliflower.
- Add the seasonings. Stir and let it boil till the carrots change color.
- Add the corn flour and water mixture stirring continuously.
- Add the milk if using and bring to boil.
- Add the capsicum and cabbage. (This is because we prefer these uncooked you can add them with the rest of the veggies).
- And Serve hot.
- Cabbage tastes good in the soup but I forgot to add it in the model.
- You can add Soya sauce about ½ tsp to get the authentic taste but I did not.
- There were times when I added sugar about 1 tsp to my soup but these days I do not.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!