Easy, creamy Eggless Custard Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe that is made in the freezer. You can also customise it too for your favourite flavours! Try it!
I am happy to make chaat since all of us love chaats FIL included.
When early in the morning I have to pack the kids tiffin she will be happy if I give her some chaat item. But then that is her breakfast and I want something reasonably healthy in her.
Now the kid will agree to one thing in the evening then want something diametrically different in the morning. The solution was to get her to make a chart and day in and out we stuck to it. I was bored so can you imagine her state. J
So when I offered her Steamed Corn was she delighted? Her smile was enough to light the whole state of Goa!! J Okay I am exaggerating! But you get a general idea.
To make Steamed Corn you have no recipe. It’s just a little of this and that stir and serve. I have made it differently for each person in my family some want it sour, some want it pungent… there is rhyme like this? Cannot remember but seems awfully familiar.
If you have cobs as I have then to remove corn kernels from the cob check here.
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1 cup sweet corn, boiled
- ¼ tsp kala namak or rock salt
- ½ tsp red chilli powder (adjust as per taste)
- ¼ tsp chat masala
- ½ tsp lemon juice or ¼ tsp amchur powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Amul butter
- Heat 1 cup water a broad vessel. The vessel should be big enough to hold a metal sieve. Transfer the boiled sweet corn to the metal sieve and place the sieve on the boiling water. Cover the sieve with an appropriate lid. Boil/ steam for 5-10minutes or till the steam escapes from under the lid. You can do it in a steamer much more simply but for a person like me who does not this is the method.(See notes).
- Once the corn is steamed transfer to a bowl and add all the ingredients. Mix well.
- Check seasoning.
- Transfer to a suitable container and serve.
- The first step is optional but recommended; for I have found that the corn then retains its juiciness especially when you are packing it in the tiffin box.
- You can add sev, boondi ,coriander to give it a special touch but then it cannot be packed off to tiffin boxes.
Hi! First time here?
Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.
If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!!