Surprise guests are expected in an Indian family! So this lemony mushroom pulao is the quick fix rice recipe you need in your arsenal.
|Corn and Coriander Panki with Methia Keri|
Today lets have some Gujarati food. Yes its Gujarat’s turn in the Blogging Marathon.
papad and chaas (buttermilk). The sabzi is a dish of different combinations of vegetables and spices which may be stir fried, spicy or sweet. People in Gujarat eat one or the other type of curry along with rice and roti. Gujarati
dishes usually have a very subtle taste that makes it truly distinct from other Indian cuisines.
|Corn and Coriander Panki with Capsicum Chutney|
leaves. Serve fresh and hot.”
Corn and Coriander Panki
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Makes 8 pankis
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- ¼ cup dhania/coriander
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- 4-5 green chillies, pieces (adjust as per taste)
- 2 tbsp rava /semolina
- ¼ cup besan /Bengal gram flour
- 16 kele ka patta /banana leaves
- oil for greasing
- Capsicum Chutney
- Methi Kairi
- Wash and cut the banana leaves along the veins keeping the central vein intact. The size can be about 5 inches long.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- In the mixer with the dry blade pulse the corn kernels, green chillies and coriander, salt to get a fine mixture.
- Transfer to deep bowl add the rava, besan and 2 tablespoon of water and mix well. (I needed about 4-5 tblspn)
- Place a banana leaf with the greased side facing up on a non stick tava /griddle and pour 2 tablespoon of the batter over it and spread it evenly.
- Cover with side of the greased banana leaf over it (like you close a book) and press it lightly.
- Cook till light brown spots appear on both the sides of the leaf and the panki in between peels off the leaf easily.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 7 more pankis.
- Serve immediately with Capsicum Chutney and Methia Keri.
things off your pantry. The main ingredient is Raw mangoes . Apparently it can be made with drained baby mangoes in brine remember to reduce salt in this recipe.
Like Mrs Dalal says,” Methia Keri is an ideal accompaniment for almost all meals and is also prepared in a jiffy.”
|Methia Keri or Methi/Fenugreek Raw Mango Pickle|
Methi Kairi/Raw Mango Pickle
- 1 ½ cups raw mango
- ½ cup methi seeds
- ½ cup chilli powder
- ¼ tsp haldi
- 1 tsp hing
- ½ cup khada namak/sea salt
- ½ cup oil
- Warm the methi seeds on low flame till you get a light aroma. Switch off the gas immediately. Set aside to cool.
- Once the methi seeds have cooled, in the chutney jar pulse them till you get a very coarse powder. This is your split methi seeds.
- Meanwhile wash and dry the raw mangoes. Cut them in small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients in a dry bowl.
- Fill it in a dry clean glass jar.
- You can serve it immediately or set aside for 1-2 days before you eat it.
|Raw Mango Pickle in Fenugreek or Methi|
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!